1
anemic
How do you add a template?
  • 2007/3/2 2:10

  • anemic

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 36

  • Since: 2006/12/6


Hi,

I'm writing extensions to userinfo.php and would like to add a template to the system section. I've cloned the default template set and want to add a new version of system_userinfo.html so that I can work with new versions of userinfo and a corresponding template. I cannot figure out how to add a new template.

Thanks.

2
MadFish
Re: How do you add a template?
  • 2007/3/2 4:30

  • MadFish

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 1056

  • Since: 2003/9/27


I think you need to declare the new template in the module, and then update the module to make it available. Have a look at the how to clone a block FAQ as it has some instructions on how to do this.

3
anemic
Re: How do you add a template?
  • 2007/3/2 5:15

  • anemic

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 36

  • Since: 2006/12/6


Thanks.I knew how to copy a block but forgot that system was a module. Here's how I did it for others who want to do this.. I changed to the $xoopsroot/modules/system and added a new numbered template to the bottom of xoops_version.php that looked like this
$modversion['templates'][15]['file'] = 'system_block_dummy.html';^M
$modversion
['templates'][15]['description'] = 'Dummy template for custom blocks or blocks without templates';
and added this.
$modversion['templates'][16]['file'] = 'system_userinfo_mycopy.html';^M
$modversion
['templates'][16]['description'] = 'New UserInfo template';

I changed directories to $xoopsroot/modules/system/templates and copied system_userinfo.html to system_userinfo_mycopy.html. Then go to admin>Modules and update the system module. Then go to templates and chose my new template name and clicked generate. That's it. Thanks for the reminder!!!