cftong
Searching for module
  • 2007/2/24 15:18

• cftong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/24

Hi,

I am searching for a module with following functions. Please tell me if you know there is any module matches these criterias.

1) It has a inteface like Liaise which allow admin to create customized form.

2) The form entered by user would be saved into database( Liaise currently email out the form without saving)

3) The saved form could be retrieved later.

May you just let me know if there is module like this

skenow
Re: Searching for module
  • 2007/2/24 16:10

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Formulize.

Article on the front page of XOOPS - didn't even need to search!

snow77
  • 2007/2/24 18:54

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Formulaire saves the form too, I'm not sure about the retreival part of saved forms but it's very practical to use.

cftong
  • 2007/2/25 14:54

• cftong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/24

Thank you very much.

I have installed formulize and pagework, are there any site using them and can show the complexity that the module could reach?

jegelstaff

Thanks for your interest in Formulize. Our demo site (http://demo.freeformsolutions.ca) shows some basic things, but is not a showcase of the really fancy and complex things you can do. There are several discussion threads in our area on dev.xoops.org that discuss creating some fairly complex applications. Here's a link to a couple recent ones:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3036&forum_id=745
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3004&forum_id=745

The second one is lengthy, but has code sample for Pageworks in it. Also, the "Using Formulize..." PDF available from our dev.xoops.org area contains a lot of examples and conceptual information.

If you want the really quick and dirty overview of what simple code you can write in Pageworks to do cool things....

// assume you have a form where multiple people have submitted
// some kind of profile information (could be the actual user
// profile form if you are using Reg Codes + Formulize)

// get the profile information from the database (assume 12 is
// the ID number of your form)
$data getData(12);

// loop through all the profiles and display summary info in a list
foreach($data as $entry) {

$name display($entry35); // 35 is ID number of the name question in the form

$age display($entry36); // 36 is ID of age question

print "$name is $age
"
;
}

That code outputs a list of names and ages based on the data submitted in that form. There are also single functions that you can use to display forms inside Pageworks pages, and that function handles all saving and retrieving of data.

That example is no substitute for the detail in the threads linked above, but hopefully gives you a basic idea of what's possible.

There's also a lot of power and control in terms of the permission options that you can hand out on a form by form basis. When you have a complex structure of groups of users in your site, you can do neat things like have volunteers fill in data in forms and only access their own info, but simply through permission controls you can open up a view of all the data to the volunteer coordinators, or you can even subdivide by region or city if your groups of users are organized that way.

There's also a whole series of "data browsing" options in the standard "list of entries" view (which you can see in the demo site). It's been described (not by me) as MS Access on the web. Any summary information that can be presented in that list can also be published automatically to other groups of users.

We always respond to all forum postings in our area on dev.xoops.org, though not necessarily very quickly depending on the complexity of the issue, and how busy we are.

Good luck,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

319 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 319

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits