smfuser
How to get a particular Javascript to create a session cookie?
  • 2007/2/19 2:57

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/24

Hiyas,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, But I came across a script mentioned in THIS POST by wizanda and I have a question regarding how to get that Javascript to create a session cookie?

I've added the above mentioned script to a cool new XOOPS Theme which I'm working on and have implemented it give the user the ability to show or hide certain things, but I've added my own bits and pieces.

My question is though, how do I get the hidden or shown state to be remembered for a users session? Because at the moment, upon testing, the show/hide functions work perfectly showing or hiding something..... BUT on page refresh or going to a new page, the hidden or shown state reverts back to its default. It doesn't remember that I'd hidden or shown something.

How do you get this particular script to create a cookie so that it remembers if the user has hidden or shown something, for that users session or for a set period of time?

Thanks in advance and I hope someone can help me with this, as I think it will make this Theme I'm working on a lot more popular, well I hope so anyway. :)
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits