kozuch82
XOOPS distribution file module upgrades
  • 2007/2/11 18:42

• kozuch82

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/2 2

Would it be possible to put the latest stable versions of the core XOOPS packages (news, forum etc.) to the XOOPS distribution file?

This question is my reaction to this thread:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57097&forum=8

davidl2
Re: XOOPS distribution file module upgrades
  • 2007/2/11 18:56

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This has been covered before.

Xoops will not be coming with modules as standard, as they become out-dated too easily.

This is why each release now comes with links advising people of where to get the latest releases of their modules from the authors sites.

However, the new repository will enable users to download the latest releases when it is complete. (Which will be in less than a couple of months probably)

kozuch82
Re: XOOPS distribution file module upgrades
  • 2007/2/11 21:33

• kozuch82

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/2 2

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
This has been covered before.

Xoops will not be coming with modules as standard, as they become out-dated too easily.

This is why each release now comes with links advising people of where to get the latest releases of their modules from the authors sites.

However, the new repository will enable users to download the latest releases when it is complete. (Which will be in less than a couple of months probably)

Well,

I dont think this is the best approach. Thats like printing January magazine over the whole rest of the year while saying - stop by at the office for newer articles - so, kind of unproffesional, at least.

Is it really so hard, to build the package each month??? I do not think so. Many users toss XOOPS for a wrong reason. Believe me. I was one of them.

XOOPS could be a lot better CMS after cleaning few "process" bugs like this one.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits