onasre
Demo user creation
  • 2007/2/11 6:32

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

Hello

i want to creat a demo user , that a user can sign in but cant change the password ? is there way to do it..
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

rabideau
Re: Demo user creation
  • 2007/2/11 12:38

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Not so far as I know.... at least no without writing some code.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

rabideau
  • 2007/2/11 13:20

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Another thought occurred to me...

You could just make the anonymous account, useful and informative.

Almost all of my sites require no registration whatsoever in order to be functional. Those with forums etc. allow postings from registered users only (etc.) Much like this site.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

skenow
  • 2007/2/11 14:13

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Try this - create a new group 'Demo', assign your demo user to that group and remove them from the Registered Users group. When you set your module/block permissions for the Demo group, do not allow them to view the User Menu block, this will keep them from seeing the Edit Profile link (the page is still accessible by them, just not visible).

If you want to still show them the User Menu, create a custom block (copy the real User Menu) and remove the Edit Account link. Assign this block only to the Demo group and remove it from all other groups.

onasre
  • 2007/2/12 1:01

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

Thx every one..

i thought about hide the user menu and make new group but still not working becose they can still get to account info

i have problem with visetors keep chang the demo password

iwish there is way that they cant do it ..
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

Peekay
  • 2007/2/12 13:45

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The rule with XOOPS custom user groups is you can give them more - but not less - than registered users. So you can give a custom group 'Demo' access to a block that ordinary registered users cannot see. However, you cannot hide a block from the 'demo' group without hiding it from the 'registered users' group too.

The second problem is that wherever the demo user's name is shown - e.g. in the 'who's online' block, the user can click the link and edit their profile, including the password.

Best solution I can think of is to add a conditional statement to the Smarty template for 'edituser.php' so that the 'change password' field is only shown if the user is NOT in the user group 'demo'.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

onasre
  • 2007/2/12 19:44

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Peekay wrote:

Best solution I can think of is to add a conditional statement to the Smarty template for 'edituser.php' so that the 'change password' field is only shown if the user is NOT in the user group 'demo'.

Yah Man thats what i 'm talking about .. but i dont know how to creat the code i'm not php Expert

Northern
  • 2007/2/12 21:25

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

just a thought, but if the user info is stored in the sql files, then wouldnt the best derection be in the source?

making the demo user so he/she is not writable.

onasre
  • 2007/2/13 5:00

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

would all agree this Shoud be a new request for new XOOPS update

teibaz
  • 2007/2/14 13:20

• teibaz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/13

Quote:

onasre wrote:
would all agree this Shoud be a new request for new XOOPS update

No
if you want to have some kind of demo user, you have to hack all your modules that they would fit your needs. If you hack modules - you will not be able to update them easily. So - if it is such need i believe that this should be done by yourself, but not by XOOPS core developers.

If you JUST want a demo, use this:http://demo.opensourcecms.com/xoops/

Username - admin
Password - demo

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits