iamwill
News Module
  • 2007/2/9 15:25

• iamwill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/9 1

I am testing out XOOPS and trying to see if it would be a better system use on my site, right now I currently use php-fusion. Anyway, I installed Xoops, and the news module, and starting playing in the admin area, but noticed that I can't get the news items to post on the main page like can in fusion. Is there a way to list the 3 most recent news stories on the main page? I see all of the other ones like archive, topics, top story, etc.. but none of the options actually put the news on the main page. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

- Will

jcweb
Re: News Module
  • 2007/2/9 15:57

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

You have the choice, first set the news module as startpage or set a block on the startpage, you have differents blocks to choice in your administration sector. In the configuration of the news module you must set "show topics" if you set a block!

example
- latest news

Here you can configure how many articles should be show and some settings more.

bye andy

hervet
  • 2007/2/9 16:20

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Are you using News 1.53 ?
See my signature.

bye,
Hervé

Anonymous
  • 2007/2/9 18:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Like on my site here?

I use News 1.53 (see Hervet's link above) and have the "Recent News" block set centre-left in the top page.

You can configure the block by clicking on "edit" from within Blocks Admin. As with all blocks, you will need to make sure that you set viewing/access permissions under Groups Admin.

PM me if you need any help.

Login

Who's Online

93 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 93

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits