tomtom2
Edit Users and MyAlbum address path problem?
  • 2007/2/6 22:56

• tomtom2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/25

Xoops version 2.0.9.2
PHP version 4.4.1
MySq version 4.0.16

I'm having a problem changing pages when I'm Administrating my site. When the site is not in Administration mode it seems to be running fine.

When I'm in administration and choose System Admin...Edit Users, I have the usual page showing Edit/Delete Users and showing that I have 5 pages of users in total. When I try to click on pages 2,3,4 or 5 I get a Server not Found error.

I think that this is because the path is wrong that XOOPS is trying to take me to. A usual link in the Administration will include my domain name, i.e. if I choose to go to System Admin...Groups the address is http://www.shelterhelper.co.uk//modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups

However, if I try to click on pages 2,3,4, or 5 the domain is missing and it tries to take me to the address http://modules/system/admin.php?fct=users&userstart=200&PHPSESSID=3f38f60d158608e4d14c4ad1cf60e6c4

I get this same problem when trying to access other pages in MyAlbum.

Does it sound like the address path is wrong? If so, what file should I be changing? If not, any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

zyspec
Re: Edit Users and MyAlbum address path problem?
  • 2007/2/7 2:34

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

tomtom2,

1st the obligitory: You really ought to consider upgrading to the latest version of Xoops.

Now on to the problem. It's definitely a path problem. Can you tell us which version of MyAlbum you're using? It appears it's attempting to get a relative link instead of an absolute link.

Are you using something like MultiMenu? It appears your links (except for the MyAlbum links) have an extra '/' for example the link to the FAQs is
Quote:
http://shelterhelper.co.uk//modules/smartfaq/

Initially the links to files and directories under the Myalbum are fine until you go to the /myalbum/index.php page and then select one of the categories. That's when it appears to get "lost". I suspect the template variable for the directory isn't being set correctly there and then it just "propogates" to the other pages once it's been set.

This doesn't explain your Administration navigation problems but fixing this will at least fix what your users are seeing.

tomtom2
Re: Edit Users and MyAlbum address path problem?
  • 2007/2/8 21:43

• tomtom2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/25

Thanks, Zyspec, you pointed me in the right direction and I think I'm all up and running again fine.

The Virtual Path in my mainfile.php had an extra "/" after the domain name - hence the extra "/" in the links - I don't know why MyAlbum didn't have this extra one, though!

Now I can edit users again! Great!

As for upgrading Xoops, I know I should but I'm of the opinion that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I know it was broken for a bit this time but it was fixable. When I have a minute I'll make backups and do the upgrade (when I have a minute lol).

Thanks again for you help, Zyspec.

Login

Who's Online

916 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 916

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits