TPCforum
Website completely gone >> blank page
  • 2007/2/6 8:50

• TPCforum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/6 7

Hello all I am new to Xoops
I have just made a website which is hosted on 007ihost. I uploaded a new theme and now the site has gone blank. I can still access the admin section, but the site is gone! The link is: lockelymarkets.007ihost.com
Please help
Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it :)

snork
Re: Website completely gone >> blank page
  • 2007/2/8 18:15

• snork

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/8 1

I had a similar problem -- had a clean install and then the first thing I tried was changing a theme and this resulted in a completely blank page. In my case, the entire site was completely blank -- I couldn't even log in -- so I cleared my cache, reloaded, and closed the browser entirely -- nada.

Here's what I did to get it back for any other completely perplexed newb like me.
1. went into mysql, there's a xoops_config table, browsed it and edited the var, theme_set -- I just entered "default" since I knew that worked.
2. this allowed me to see the login page, but then the admin page was blank.
3. I then killed my cache, and manually entered myxoopsdomain.com/admin.php and was able to see it. Why? I dunno -- maybe the cache?
4. then I again changed the theme to something else and it thankfully worked.
5. sheesh

Dingir_Xul
Re: Website completely gone >> blank page
  • 2007/2/8 20:55

• Dingir_Xul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/18

Some themes are just broken. Or depend on you to customize something on your system in order to get them to work. ie WF_Matrix and Borg themes. Both made my XOOPS site go blank. Change back to a reliable theme and it works. Even the other WF themes were ok, just that one didnt work. Why? Dont know. Just make your own themes I guess. Wonder if there is a XOOPS Theme howto anywhere (goes off to look).

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits