amaranthia
need help upgrading
  • 2007/2/7 2:24

• amaranthia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/30

I currently took over as techadmin for a game site and im looking to upgrade from version 2.0.9.3 as it is outdated can anyone tell me how i can do this or direct me to someone that can help me upgrade this program.

MadFish
Re: need help upgrading
  • 2007/2/7 4:07

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

1. Download the upgrade packages for each version of XOOPS.

2. Backup your site's file structure, database and templates before you start, so that if something goes wrong you can restore your site to its original state.

3. Progressively apply the upgrade packages one at a time and check that everything is working before you move on to the next one.

Please make sure that you read the upgrade instructions / readme for each package. The normal procedure is to overwrite the files on the server / update the system module, but sometimes there are additional steps. For example, some require you to run an upgrade script as well.

Check the readme files in each package, and good idea to check the corresponding xoops.org news stories about each release, as sometimes they contain additional information.

amaranthia
  • 2007/2/7 4:40

• amaranthia

• Just popping in

Ok i got the XOOPS upgraded now i need to figure out how to switch from IPB to the newbb

MadFish
  • 2007/2/7 5:21

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Great :)

Suggest you convert from IPB to CBB instead (as NewBB isn't maintained anymore, and CBB is a derivative of NewBB).

Have a search in the forums for how to convert over, this issue does come up occasionally.

amaranthia
  • 2007/2/8 14:48

• amaranthia

• Just popping in

I upgraded on a test site however after upgradeing I am unable to post in any of the forums and im also unable to see some of the forums I am useing IPB 1.3 module any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits