cmerrill
My Administration Module Has Gone WACKY!!!
  • 2007/2/8 4:10

• cmerrill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/8 4

I've had my site up for about a month and have been installing and uninstalling modules trying them out.

However, today, I copied some modules into the module folder and when I got to modules in Administration they dont show up to be installed.

I went and copied some modules that I KNEW worked before back into the modules folder and they didn't show up to install either.

I then uninstalled a module called arms and it showed up at the bottom to install. I then uninstalled SmartFAQ to see if it would do the same thing, but when I uninstalled it, it didn't show up at the bottom even though the directories are in the modules folder.

This is really strange. Anybody know what might be going on? is it a permissions issue in the direcotry? I chmod 777 everything to test but its the same thing, the directories are in the modules folder but they dont show up to install in the Administration Modules section.

Cliff M.

MadFish
Re: My Administration Module Has Gone WACKY!!!
  • 2007/2/8 5:05

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Just a guess here, but it sounds like you have installed the CBB (forum) module without installing the (essential) Frameworks package.

If this is the case, install Frameworks and your modules admin should start working normally.

Other than that, try deleting all the files in /cache, including adminmenu.php (it will rebuild itself, don't worry).

cmerrill
  • 2007/2/8 14:26

• cmerrill

• Just popping in

Well, I think I did solve the problem.

After I posted I went in and set the site to debug mode. When I went back into the modules page I found that there was an error in one of the module folders which caused XOOPS to report a "missing file" error.

The error was in a module folder called "article". Apparently, when XOOPS loads all the module folders in the module administrator it goes through and alphabetically loads the directories. If it hits an error, it stops loading the rest of the folders as available to install.

This would make sense if "arm" would show available to install after you uninstall the module and "smartfaq" wouldn't because the folder with the missing file was "article" So alphabetically in the module folder these files would be listed

\arm
\article
\smartfaq

In this directory listing, XOOPS would load \arm folder, hit an error for missing file on \article and not load it or any other folders below it.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this problem but if you have modules that dont show available to install, make sure to put XOOPS in debug and watch for a missing file error when you load the module administration page.

Cliff M.

cmerrill
  • 2007/2/8 14:27

• cmerrill

• Just popping in

Well, I think I did solve the problem.

After I posted I went in and set the site to debug mode. When I went back into the modules page I found that there was an error in one of the module folders which caused XOOPS to report a "missing file" error.

The error was in a module folder called "article". Apparently, when XOOPS loads all the module folders in the module administrator it goes through and alphabetically loads the directories. If it hits an error, it stops loading the rest of the folders as available to install.

This would make sense if "arm" would show available to install after you uninstall the module and "smartfaq" wouldn't because the folder with the missing file was "article" So alphabetically in the module folder these files would be listed

\arm
\article
\smartfaq

In this directory listing, XOOPS would load \arm folder, hit an error for missing file on \article and not load it or any other folders below it.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this problem but if you have modules that dont show available to install, make sure to put XOOPS in debug and watch for a missing file error when you load the module administration page.

Cliff M.

Login

Who's Online

302 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 302

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits