fredgsanford
How to edit the text color of user.php page? (4metal)

Anybody know where the code is that I need to edit the text color on the user.php login page when members are logging in?

It usually says something like "hello "username" you will now be redirected to the page you requested" or something like that depending on your actions.

I am using the 4Metal theme and the background color of the user.php page is white and the text is also a light grey color so you can not read it too well. I want to change the text to black of course.

Thanks much

fredgsanford
Re: How to edit the text color of user.php page? (4metal)

Help please

This needs to be fixed. It looks horrible

rpilney
  • 2007/2/7 15:11

• rpilney

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/25

i edited mine with the style.css file in my theme folder. I saved a copy of the original and edited the color settings and text I wanted and that worked for me. I also had to make sure in the admin panel under admin that the yes button is selected where it says "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?"

/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=show&confcat_id=1

once I got it where I wanted I went back and changed it to no as it suggests.

hope this helps

Quote:

fredgsanford wrote:
Anybody know where the code is that I need to edit the text color on the user.php login page when members are logging in?

It usually says something like "hello "username" you will now be redirected to the page you requested" or something like that depending on your actions.

I am using the 4Metal theme and the background color of the user.php page is white and the text is also a light grey color so you can not read it too well. I want to change the text to black of course.

Thanks much

fredgsanford

Yeah, I know it's the style.css file, but I don't know what part of the code edits the text in the user.php file?

thanks

Bassman
  • 2007/2/11 5:31

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

The problem with editing the css for that page is, it might have undesired effects elsewhere.

If I were you, I would edit the template for that page (I think it's system_redirect.html - don't forget to clone the default template first, and use the cloned template as default). Find out the id or class of whatever it uses to set the colors, enter a new id or class to replace it in style.css, and change the id or class to the new one in your template.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits