xstranger
I want to change my homepage
  • 2007/2/4 19:35

• xstranger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/4 1

hello,i am new in XOOPS but i know i can make a great website with this program.I just want to add some content and some links and some pictures on my homepage,can you please tell me what do i have to modify,and where.My website ishttp://www.j4ude.com,and i don`t know why is working only onhttp://www.j4ude.com/htdocs/
Please give me some advice,and sorry for that stupid questions,i am sure for you are stupid questions...best regards

jensclas
Re: I want to change my homepage

Hi There
Welcome to xoops
For starters there is this:
New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

You will need to think about which modules you need to put your content into - that means what kind of content do you want? As a starting point consider 'news' and cbb forum. You can search for these using google - XOOPS news module and XOOPS cbb module

Since you are new I must tell you that the modules in the module repository are out of date which is why I have suggested searching instead.

Once you have used the above information to help you install modules you might then want a theme - to change the colours and look and feel of your site. There are loads of free themes - a search of XOOPS free themes should give you plenty to choose from.

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits