oldenough
Issue with Protector
  • 2007/2/3 15:15

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

I am really glad I installed Protector, in the log I can see that some f....g basta..s tried to screw up the site already one week after going live!

But.. I get warned that I should set this option:

php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen off

When I did, through my .htaccess, the system went blank and I got a 500 error. I removed the line and everything went fine again. Anyone with any explanation why this occured?

skenow
Re: Issue with Protector
  • 2007/2/10 6:20

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

It is probably because of how php is installed by your host - read this post

Anonymous
  • 2007/2/10 10:33

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

It is the same with me and my hosting package.

I am able to set the other things in the php.ini file but not the one that you mention as it would affect other users.

All the other stuff on the security advisory is okay on my site and so far I've not had any security issues (touch wood!).

Just upgraded to Protector 3.0 - this looks like it is a worthwhile upgrade and only took 5 minutes once I was certain what I needed to do

vaughan
  • 2007/2/10 10:53

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

read this FAQ

then you'll soon see that you can't use php directives in htaccess when php is running in CGI mode.

instead you have top *create* a php.ini file and enter the directives in the php.ini file there.

then place that php.ini file in every folder on your site where you want those directives to be active.

php.ini files don't act the same as htaccess where htaccess affects all subfolders below them.

php.ini only affects the current folder..

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits