maxima
Tiny Editor is a pain sometimes - Need support
  • 2007/1/26 4:14

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

TinyEditor 1.0 is nice when doing basic entries but it refuses to execute Javascript, Object embed, PHP and maybe other scripts. Each time I place a code for any of the above mentioned scripts it is stripped when I click submit. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I tried entering mime types for the .FLV and .swf but nothing changed. I experimented with the valid elements in toolset but nothing worked.

frankblack
Re: Tiny Editor is a pain sometimes - Need support
  • 2007/1/26 7:00

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
Tiny Editor is a pain sometimes...

I definitely agree!

Javascript IS working when you add script[*] to the valid_elements. There is a module for PHP, but it does not work properly so I did not add it.

A browser-WYSIWYG-editor is not the best tool for working with script languages.

Try to add object[*],embed[*] to valid_elements for flash-files - this should work.

maxima
  • 2007/1/26 15:34

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks Frankblack. Not to demote your work, but the statement of browser WYSIWYG editors not working well with scripts does not apply to FCK Editor. I used it in Joomla and ZenCart and it adds any script without error and without special plugins.

maxima
  • 2007/1/26 15:52

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Well I added the elements but it still strips the codes and display a blank space.
Quote:
onmousemove|onmouseout|onmouseover|onmouseup|style|title], script[*], object[*], embed[*]

maxima
  • 2007/1/30 3:57

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Well nothing I tried works and after much search I finally got FCKeditor to work as the blocksadmin editor. It adds every script without error which now allow for more creativity.

The negative though is that I can't set group permissions so it shows up as the primary editor in the forum and the blog. The blog is not such a big deal as only authorized users post but the forum is a problem because now I have to enable HTML so the tags don't show in the messages. I need to figure how to use only the DHTML editor for the forum. Does anyone know how?

maxima
  • 2007/1/30 5:53

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Ofcourse this FCKeditor couldn't go trouble free. It won't allow file uploads and I've tried all the config instructions with no solution.

The upload works fine on my localhost which has PHP5 but on the live server which runs PHP4x it won't upload files. Does this xoopseditor 1.01 require php5?

frankblack
  • 2007/1/30 6:49

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
Well I added the elements but it still strips the codes and display a blank space.

Just remove the blanks from the valid_elements line like this:
script[*],object[*],embed[*]

then it should!!! work.

Mamba
  • 2007/2/2 3:59

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

And what about YouTube code? It strips it totally as well:

Quote:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxx"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxx" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

McDonald
  • 2007/2/2 9:24

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

You only have to paste the code of the videoclip, not the embed-code or url.
In your example this code is xxx.
You'll find the same code back in the url of the videoclip.
Change the dimension values if you want a different dimension then 425x350. Otherwise just skip these settings.

Mamba
  • 2007/2/2 17:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
You only have to paste the code of the videoclip, not the embed-code or url.

I am not sure, I understand. Could you give an example?

I would like to show the embeded YouTube video player, so the users can just click "Play" and watch it while being on my Website. Right tinyeditor strips all the code when it saves the news (1.53).
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits