dickinsd
redirect all requests using PHP 301
  • 2007/2/2 15:05

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello

I wonder if someone can help me out here.

I've made some changes and want to redirect all requests for old material to a new location.

I know I need to use PHP 301 requests and on some key content I have figured this out on a per article basis. However I am unable to figure out the newbb, news and mylinks forwarding.

Firstly if anyone knows which files forwarding requests would go into for these modules - then that would be a HUGE help.

Secondly I am willing (and maybe even prefer) to redirect all requests to a single page (perhaps with info as to why the redirct - doesn't really matter what page at the minute)

So this is what I'd like to do: Any request for any newbb forum, thread or post will be caught and moved to a new location. The same goes for the news index, news posts and archive, and the same goes for mylinks categories and weblinks oh and archive.

I appreciate that you can use .htaccess BUT this is not an option for me - my hosting company has disabled the use of .htaccess. And I don't want to move to another host - I've done that before and it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

To recap; can someone tell me how (which files to place the redirect in) to move all requests to a new location using PHP?

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits