ariss
How to restore a default theme
  • 2007/2/1 1:13

• ariss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/1 3

I've been using XOOPS for a couple of months , and I like it.
But I was making my own theme today and when I set this theme to be default one for my site and when I click on my url ....nothing happend's the homepage won't show.
So , how can I access admin menu when I cannot login anymore , my index.php won't open .
Is there any way to restore default theme (xoops default one) or how to access admin many directly to fix this problem so that I can get back my working theme for now.
Need help urgent , my site is off-line !!!

:(

skenow
Re: How to restore a default theme
  • 2007/2/1 3:21

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Apart from the usual - check here, try accessing www.yoursite.com/admin.php - if your login hasn't timed out, your should be able to get to your admin area and fix things.

Option 2 - from cpanel or FTP, rename your theme folder to 'badtheme' or something similar, then rename the default theme folder to match your theme's original folder name. Clear templates_c, except for index.html, and off you go.

Option 3 - using phpmyadmin, find the table (xoopsprefix_config) that stores your sites preferences and edit the selected theme (theme_set) to be 'default' instead of 'yourtheme'

Do backups, yada yada, and always have a second browser window open with your site loaded in it when you are doing stuff like this (says so in the FAQ comments, too)

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits