bassyard
RMMF MyFolder modification - Extra imagefield
  • 2007/1/23 21:17

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/5

Hi

I just installed RM MyFolder 1.2 and I like it alot, I was looking for something like this for a while!

I was wondering if it would be hard to add another image field? I know I can add extra images, but I want a seperate extra image for a country flag and one for a logo.
The country flag can also be text.

I want to display them on the category page together with a screenshot image.
(Look at the attatched file)

If this is possible, can somebody plz tell me how to do it, I have little php knowledge.

I've allready posted this on the XOOPS Mexico site, but it looks very quite there...

Please help me out here
Thank you

Resized Image
. . . : : : | | | PressureLab.com | | | : : : . . .

chippyash
Re: RMMF MyFolder modification - Extra imagefield
  • 2007/1/24 6:47

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Rather than storing the flag as an image why not use data that is already possibly present either in this module (I don't know it) or in the user profile (location field) to determine the country and then display the flag by modifying the template for the category page. You can get the flags from the freely available geoip collection (look up the Netquery module. It uses this data.)

So your steps are in outline:
1/ in the php file that generates the page you want to display, determine the country to display and set a template variable for the appropriate flag file to display

2/ in the page display template file, add appropriate layout to display the flag using the newly created template variable.

Eh voila, minimal programming/hacking.

bassyard
  • 2007/1/25 13:55

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/5

Thx akitson for your reply, but my php knowledge is very limited, just started learning (3 days ago )

So I'm affraid that your post isn't of much help for the first few months lol

But with what you described, how would the flag be chosen?

And a second image upload field is what I really need for the logo...

Anyway thx!
. . . : : : | | | PressureLab.com | | | : : : . . .

chippyash
  • 2007/1/25 16:31

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Adding a field to any module is *usually* straightforward but a pain and depends on whether or not the programmer has used the XOOPS object hiearchy or not. If what you actually need is additional fiels it is *probably* better to contact the module author to see if they can do it for you. If necessary, offer an inducement - it depends how real your requirements are.

To answer your other question, The flag would be chosen based on country of location. The geoip flags are named XX.gif, where XX is the 2 letter ISO country code e.g. GB = Great Britain. You'd need to decode the location to fit an available flag. There are a number of ways of doing this but you can address this hopefully when you have a bit more experience with php.

Have fun

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits