Grover
How to test a xoops intallation without changing nameservers?
  • 2007/1/22 22:43

• Grover

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/13

I just finished having three sites consolidated into one and migrating them to a new host, setting two of them up as add on domains. I had just successfully updated the nameservers with the new host info and all seemed well. Then my wife decided to do a little cleaning. To make a long story short, she deleted the public_html directory and everything under it with cPanel's File Manager and then emptied the trash. Most helpful.

First question: Is this grounds for divorce?

I quickly reversed the nameservers and have recopied the missing directories to the new site. I can't test to see if the database is correctly connected as the info in mainfile.php points to the URL which then loads the site at our OLD host.

Any ideas how to test a XOOPS intallation without using the URL? I'm reluctant to change the nameservers without being sure as we've had more than enough interruptions over the past few days. Any insights would be appreciated.
www.whisky-jack.com
www.neko.ca
www.hima-ari.com

jdseymour
Re: How to test a xoops intallation without changing nameservers?

Set the virtual path in mainfile.php to your current IP address. Test it by IP until you change dns back.

Grover
Re: How to test a xoops intallation without changing nameservers?
  • 2007/1/23 23:26

• Grover

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/13

Thanks jdseymour. That worked like a charm. For anyone else who comes across this problem I found the numbered URL didn't work but the name following tilde did:

http://67.14.54.54:2082 Didn't work.

http://67.14.54.54/~login_name/ Did work.

Note I changed the ip address to an arbitrary one in this example for security reasons.
www.whisky-jack.com
www.neko.ca
www.hima-ari.com

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits