StevenB
XOOPS DB Backup & Restore 3.0 (and) CBB
  • 2007/1/21 0:31

• StevenB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/3 2

Hi all,

I have just recently moved a site to a new server. I used XOOPS DB Backup & Restore 3.0 to back up the db. Dumping the whole db was out of the question due to two tables, so I dumped each table separately (all 84).

The two problematic tables where bb_posts_text and protector log (error messages listed below). Researching the issue I found that many had had the same problem with the bb_posts_text table and they all found their own creative ways to get around the issue. I used the source from the modules to create the tables, then dumped the data.

I don't think this is an issue with the integrity of the back up file or method (i.e.: manual import through phpmyadmin, gzip, or SQl) as I and others have tried many methods and seem to have problems with the same tables.

My Question: Is it possible to edit the code in the modules that produce the problematic tables or the code in XOOPS DB Backup & Restore to provide an entire db dump?

This one's over my head as I'm not a programmer and weak with mysql. I just read/test/anguish for each and every problem.

Thanks for any advice/help in advance.

Steve

Errors:

Error 
SQL query

CREATE TABLE myprefix_bb_posts_text(

post_id int10 unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ,
post_text text,
post_edit text,
PRIMARY KEY post_id ) ,
KEY searchpost_text 
)  

MySQL said:  

#1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'post_text' used in key specification without a key length

Error 
SQL query

#
# Dumping data for table xb8a68_protector_log
#
INSERT INTO myprefix_protector_log
VALUES 
11'70.36.92.133''ISOCOM''Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)''Isolated comment-in found. (,password /*)n'''2006 -09 -1816 :19 :52 

MySQL said:  

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '16:19:52)' at line 5

*/

EDIT: Forgot to add: PHP 4.4, XOOPS v2.0.16, Protector v2.57, Multimenu v1.74, Document Management Systems (DMS) v1.87, CBB v3.08, DLinks v1, Formulize v2.2, Pageworks v2.2 and Multi Theme Hack.

skenow
Re: XOOPS DB Backup & Restore 3.0 (and) CBB
  • 2007/1/21 3:50

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Most likely you are encountering differences in the MySQL versions (old site v. new site).

If you compare the sql from your backup to the sql for the table creation in the modules, I will wager you will find differences in how the fields are defined when they are created.

As for the tables you had problems with - the bb_posts_text table would certainly be one to import to your new site, since it contains content for your forums, but the protector_logs table could be dumped.

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits