coopersita
bridged coppermine and search

I have bridged coppermine with xoops, and it seems to be working ok, but I'd like the search in XOOPS to search the gallery as well.

I could have two separate searches, but it doesn't seem very usable that way.

I've also considered using xcgallery, but the functionality is not as amazing as coppermine's.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

Will_H
Re: bridged coppermine and search
  • 2006/5/23 18:39

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Google the term "adsence" set up an account

Then create a google search box and put the code in a custom block.

You can choose to include the option to "search this site" and your new google search box will search your whole site for keywords... However the output does not appear as integrated as the site search that comes with XOOPS.

coopersita

Thanks, but I want the site to appear as integrated as possible... but you gave me an idea. Maybe I can find a third party search script that can search the whole site...

coopersita

I found a way to integrate the search quite seamlessly in a quite easy way (took only about half an hour to do).

It's not very elegant, and I haven't tested that thoroughly, but so far is working great:

I tricked xcgallery to search the coppermine gallery instead of it's itself.

I installed coppermine in the same database as xoops, and I installed xcgal as well. Then I changed the search files in xcgall to search the coppermine gallery by hardcoding the table names in all the sql queries.

I also had to change /search.php so that the results are displayed pointing to coppermine instead of xcgal.

That's it! I even get the thumbnail to show up in search results!

fosterm
  • 2007/1/17 20:49

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Anyone able to explain in a bit more detail exactly what changes coopersita made to get her method to work?

I have tried to follow her directions but I am afraid I do not have enough knowledge to pull it off from the information that is given in the post.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits