koralex90
Please Help with this problem!!
  • 2007/1/17 7:16

• koralex90

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/15

Hi. I own the site www.boashouse.com

Suddenly, no one could log in to the site except a few people. When I log in, it says thanks for logging in, then when the next window loads, im not logged in. I tried with my registered user test id and that didnt work either. Members are emailing me that they can't log in either, and I don't know what the problem is and I can't do anything about it since I can't log in to my admin account. Please help. I'm at a loss of what to do.

I have been using XOOPS well for 2 years and did not have this problem until last week when I had the same problem. It was resolved by itself in a few hours but it is happening again. I used the latest XOOPS version well since it came out.
Xoops Version: .16 (latest version)
Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.7

The test id is
id: visitor
p: visitor
please help. Thank you. (it might be resolved again in a few hours and sorry if it is fixed but if it doesnt, I need your help. Hopefully there is a way to stop this from happening again.)

irmtfan
Re: No one can Log in.
  • 2007/1/17 9:33

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

login works fine for me
but after "log out" when i direct tohttp://boashouse.com/session_confirm.php i get a blank page
see if you have any error there?

koralex90
  • 2007/1/17 11:31

• koralex90

• Just popping in

hmm. nothing seems to be wrong.. I reuploaded the default session confirm but nothing changed..

using firefox i managed to get into the admin menu but everything i click under system admin, multimenu refers to session confirm and gives me a blank page. Same with the forum, i can access but if i click on any forum, it refers to session confirm and gives me a blank page. please help..

actually.. just basically everything leads to session_confirm.php.. i don't know what to do cause I can't really do anything..

This is what I get when I click on any of the forums. After this it just goes to session_confirm.php and gives me a blank page..

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/4028/screenvj8.jpg

jdseymour

Did you try clearing and repairing your session table? You do this with phpmyadmin.

koralex90
Re: Please Help with this problem!!
  • 2007/1/18 7:39

• koralex90

• Just popping in

I asked my host and he said "The DB table session is corrupt. I dont know how to fix for now."

Please help. I'm really lost in what to do.. Will uploading a backup fix things??

raynix
  • 2007/2/14 1:46

• raynix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

Quote:

koralex90 wrote:
I asked my host and he said "The DB table session is corrupt. I dont know how to fix for now."

Please help. I'm really lost in what to do.. Will uploading a backup fix things??

Sorry, but you need MySQL skill to do this:

1, drop the session table
2, recreate the session table with the same name, i mean, prefix
3, done

You may find the table definition in /install/sql folder in a distribution package.

vaughan
  • 2007/2/14 9:46

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

no need to drop the table.

just go into phpmyadmin

select the table, then scroll down and you'll see a selection box, select repair table and then hit submit.

alternatively goto the query window and type REPAIR TABLE xoops_session

and you're done

*remember to change the prefix if your tables don't use xoops_

Sir_Saeed
  • 2008/3/16 11:19

• Sir_Saeed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/10

I had the same problem, with making xoops_session table empty, everything is ok now!

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits