ghettonet
wf-downloads category help
  • 2007/1/16 5:45

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

I am using the excellent wf-downloads module (version 3.1) and I have a question about category listings. I have 1 category - "projects" that has a sub-category called "bash", and "bash" has a sub-category called "alpha". I have a file listed for download in the alpha sub-category. However, on the main download page (the index), where it lists the categories - it shows the "projects" parent category as having 0 files listed. The files are there, the download works, it just shows the parent category as having 0 downloads available. Is this because it is listed 2 sub-categories down? Is there any way to make it show up? It's kind of confusing to visitors, because they go to the download section and see a folder labled as having zero downloads, so they think nothing is there. If worse comes to worse, I suppose I could just hack the template apart to not show any number at all, but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Thanks, and happy (belated) new year everyone

BDW
Re: wf-downloads category help
  • 2007/1/20 10:40

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Actually it shouldnt be doing this as I have WF-Downloads 3.1 and have downloads listed in a sub-cat and they show up on the parent cat. Although, I dont have a sub-cat within a sub-cat tho.

You might wanna try the WF-Downloads support site athttp://www.smartfactory.ca/ . they might have answers.

ghettonet
  • 2007/1/22 2:04

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

Ok, I will try there. Thanks

tedsmith
  • 2007/1/22 14:58

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I seem to recall from a couple of years ago (mayeb even three) that this was reported as a bug (by me I think) but I think it was fixed sometime after that before it was taken on by the Smart Factory. But perhaps it still raises it's head under certain circumstances? Have a look in the bug reports page if it goes back that far.

ghettonet
  • 2007/1/26 4:13

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for the replies. I checked on the developers site but couldn't find anything about it in either the bug reports or the forums. I posted something there though, so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

If this doesn't work, can anyone recommend a decent alternative?

Thanks again

ghettonet
  • 2007/1/27 5:25

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

Ok, i got a response on the developers site and fixed it with a hack posted there. Here's the URL to the thread for future reference:http://smartfactory.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1013&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0

Thanks guys

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits