StevenB
CBB 3.08 Transfer | Create PDF problem
  • 2007/1/9 22:31

• StevenB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/3 2

I have been searching for a day and a half and I must be the only person this is happening to.

CBB works great right out of the box! But, I get a blank page if I go to Transfer | Create PDF | OK. No PDF (all other Transfer options work fine)

New install XOOPS 2.0.16, Protector 2.57, and CBB 3.05 (and upgraded to 3.08) Installed/reinstalled xoops-frameworks-art(1.10) from here. xoopseditor is in class/xoopseditor and Frameworks is in root.

No error messages, no other problems, Just No PDF's

I searched, faq'd, viewed every post at dev/xoops/cbb/forums, Googled, and checked every directory and file for Frameworks and xoopseditor to insure ther where no missing files.

Maybe some permission or setting somewhere?

PLEASE, Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? I'm going out of my mind!

Sorry 'bout the rant,

Thanks

skenow
Re: CBB 3.08 Transfer | Create PDF problem
  • 2007/1/12 2:11

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I had similar problems with other versions/modules and it turned out to be Adobe and IE, especially after the latest upgrade to Adobe. I could get pdf files with FF. Once I uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe, things started working.

StevenB
  • 2007/1/14 16:13

• StevenB

• Just popping in

skenow - YOU are The Man!

I have spent days checking and re-checking my instalization, upgrading and downgrading Frameworks and Xoopseditor, even tried to hack some of the files.
I was ready to dump 3.08 and return to a very old version.

DOH, Didn't even consider that it was a problem with Adobe. I followed your recomendations and they worked like a charm.

Thank You!

Note to self: In the future check all applications, not just xoops.

Steve is Happy

Peekay
  • 2007/1/14 16:45

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:
Steve is Happy

I'm glad you have identified the problem, but your forum users are unlikely to be happy if this crashes your site when they try to create a PDF.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

StevenB
  • 2007/1/14 18:36

• StevenB

• Just popping in

Doesn't crash the site. If they have the same problem I was having it will just give them a blank page in the new window where the PDF is supposed to generate. I was thinking I could add an advisory and link to a "how to correct page" in the Transfer page. Already added to my to do list.

Thanks

skenow
  • 2007/1/14 20:01

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Glad to be of assistance - I use Foxit PDF when I can, but Adobe doesn't like any other PDF applications once it gets installed. There are some things Adobe has that Foxit doesn't (email function, for example) that has me keeping it around.

Another symptom of an Adobe problem is getting blank pages when you print the PDF. The document previews just fine, but printing is a whole different story.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits