DarthHH
Problem with harmfull bots that spam adverts, flood and hack
  • 2007/1/14 6:47

• DarthHH

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/28

I have a problem with bots, they keep coming, spamming adverts in my guestbook and wasting my time to clean it. Messing things up, not following robots.txt . Not only that, the sites they advertise are offensive. They sometimes flood the server, making it slow, and recently i got hacked, might not be a bot but it somehow must've guessed the login for another admin account.

Where can i find a working logger for XOOPS and also other components there, and that also resolves ip?i am currently working on a programme to trace through proxies as some bots use proxies. I do not want to stumble on the proxy and shut it down remotely, i want to overload the bot's computer remotely.

I do have the software for overloading, but its hard to know which is the correct ip.

Even worse, i got a dateline before 1000+ people start registerring.

i am using XOOPS 2.0.13 currently. I am planning to upgrade after i can decrypt the server admin password to change the file permissions.

I use antidos,xoops protector(just installed) and XOOPS netquery i think.

irmtfan
Re: Problem with harmfull bots that spam adverts, flood and hack
  • 2007/1/14 7:05

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

1- install protector 2.57 if you dont already

2- the new xfguestbook module has a verification code feature see this post:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44176&forum=4&post_id=245708#forumpost196169

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits