iolai
Upgrading major problems
  • 2007/1/9 23:18

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

I am running XOOPS 2.0.16 (just upgraded from 2.0.13a), and uploaded xoops-class-xoopseditor and xoops-frameworks-art. Now, when I tried to login to my site, I got 500 Internal server error.

Help? :)

Edit:
I think I fixed it. Cleared templates_c and cache, now seems to work.
- Eli Baskin.
Dune MUD
AtomsWorld.com

iolai
Re: Upgrading major problems
  • 2007/1/10 10:57

• iolai

• Quite a regular

The saga hasn't over yet.

I've removed newbb and installed cbb 3.08. When I go to the forums, I see a messed up screen. I uninstalled newbb again, deleted the directory and uploaded it again. Same result.

I don't mind to lose old posts, the site isn't active at the moment.

Ideas?

http://www.atomsworld.com/modules/newbb/
- Eli Baskin.
Dune MUD
AtomsWorld.com

jensclas

Quote:
I see a messed up screen.

What does this mean??? Could be anything - and what have you discovered through phpdebug? What theme are you using?
What have you found on a search of cbb 3.08???

Pease consider the read before you post below. We really can't help if appropriate information is not offered.

iolai
  • 2007/1/11 17:10

• iolai

• Quite a regular

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The problem can be seen if you follow the next link:http://www.atomsworld.com/modules/newbb/

When I turn debug on, I get the following error on this page:

NoticeOnly variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/article/include/functions.ini.php line 143

Next... I didn't notice it before, but preferences admin menu produces 10(!!!) errors:

NoticeOnly variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 78
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /class/xoopslists.php line 200
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/module.php line 542
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 155
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/tplset.php line 193
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 136
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 94
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 94
Notice
Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 174

In every page those errors appear, but slightly different each time.

Site information:
Xoops 2.0.16
PHP 4.4.2
Theme: sev_zero
Server: apache

In addition, I noticed the 'Debug mode' options have changed. I no longer see php or MySQL debug, but only the following four options:
Off
Enable debug 
(inline mode)
Enable debug (popup mode)
Smarty templates debug

I used popup mode to get these errors.
- Eli Baskin.
Dune MUD
AtomsWorld.com

jensclas

First of all debug has changed - if you turn on inline mode it will appear at the bottom of your site and click 'all' and it will show you the full range of errors etc.

Second 'notice' is not considered an 'error' as such but a warning that something is not quite right with the code language. Generally they are not errors that cause what is happening at your site - 'warning' and 'error' on the otherhand are a problem - and in this case I see none of those.

If the backened on cbb is working ok and it is just a problem with the way it looks on your front page my guess is it is a theme or template problem.

Make sure your blocks and permissions are set properly first.

I would suggest some investigation in that area - or a post in the theme/template troubleshooting forum with a subject header that will get the attention of the right support people eg - - CBB 3.08 not renedering properly in my front page.

Sorry i don;t know enough about themes and templates to help you sort it out.

iolai
  • 2007/1/12 7:05

• iolai

• Quite a regular

I would like to rule out xoops-class-xoopseditor and xoops-frameworks-art first... How can I make sure they are working correctly?

Edit:
I've switched back to default template and it worked out. I wonder why all the sudden my templates went wrong...

Anyway, thank you very much for your help!!!
- Eli Baskin.
Dune MUD
AtomsWorld.com

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits