Matand009
Selected module does not exist!
  • 2007/1/10 21:05

• Matand009

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/26

i keep getting this error message on my site in the admin section...

what do i do...

ps. it everything in the admin section...

also im running on 'localhost' with MySQL and apache...

just a heads up...

also if this seems familiar its because there are two threads and i think i posted the first one in the wrong place...

jensclas
Re: Selected module does not exist!

This usually means the module has not been properly unzipped and uploaded to the correct file folder 'modules' in your xoops. Please check this: Module unzip, upload and uninstall tutorials: link

There is also an FAQ on this. Please consider the following before posting:

New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

Matand009
  • 2007/1/10 23:13

• Matand009

• Just popping in

no this is straight off a fresh installation...

i havent installed any modules at all yet nothing downloaded but XOOPS itself...

jensclas

wierd! What XOOPS version? If you haven't installed a module it may be the admin module that did not oad properly - I would start over - nothing to lose.

There is an installation support doc at the docs site, and those tutorials I referred to I think also have installtion guides.

since it is 'localhost' what MySQL and apache versions are you using - that may help too. If you could describe your setup more clearly someone my identify the problem.

JCDunnart
  • 2007/1/11 11:49

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Do you have any modules in the "modules" folder, apart from the "system" module?

I think that error message will also show before the module is installed, if the directory structure of the module is not right...

Matand009
  • 2007/1/11 20:16

• Matand009

• Just popping in

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
wierd! What XOOPS version? If you haven't installed a module it may be the admin module that did not oad properly - I would start over - nothing to lose.

There is an installation support doc at the docs site, and those tutorials I referred to I think also have installtion guides.

since it is 'localhost' what MySQL and apache versions are you using - that may help too. If you could describe your setup more clearly someone my identify the problem.

apache:2.2.3
mysql:5.0.27

im running on win 98...

i know but its the only thing compartable w/ my laptop...

:( ...

ps. it tried re-installing (xoops) and deleting the database (before re-installing) over and over again and got the same error...

jensclas

You still haven't reported which XOOPS version you are trying to install. Another thing we also don't know is which php version??? Have you actually read the full read before you post yet??

- it's a bit over my head so I am guessing.

(You could try doing it this way - delete all till now - download and install 'wamp5' which is a local host server and has php and MySQL etc in it. Create a new www project called xoops. Set it up and install XOOPS to that - where XOOPS says to install to a specific root folder on wamp you install it to the www folder.A pity docs workspace is down - there is a full tutorial there. )There are tutorials on using wamp5 online - use googlesearch. BTW - using local host means you don't change the chmod on files - you have to check a files properties and uncheck 'read only'.

Matand009
  • 2007/1/11 21:56

• Matand009

• Just popping in

Guess what...

for some reason for another...

all i had to do was change the computer direcrtory and re-install and it worked....

i have no idea why but it worked...

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits