MrToxin
Content Modules Not Working
  • 2007/1/9 8:02

• MrToxin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/9 7

OK, so since I've started playing with Xoops, I've been needing ways to add static content to websites. TinyContent does the job beautifully, though I've tinkered with other ones too.

Problem is, I have two websites that I'm working on right now. My own, and one for my aunt. I have separate databases set up for each of them, with different names and hostnames. No matter which modules I use, however, it will work fine on my site and not on my aunt's.

What will happen is, I'll install the module and go to add content, but nothing will happen. On TinyContent, I'll click Add Content and it'll just go back to the main TC screen. With CJay content, I'll add the content, try to save it, and nothing will happen. In the case of the latter, I did set the permissions properly.

I did some searching here and what turned up didn't work. I believe there aren't any problems server-side, but that gets wacky sometimes.

I have no idea why things aren't working, as I set things up the same way on both sites. Any ideas?

edit: I'm using XOOPS 2.0.16 on Firefox 2. PhP is 5.1.2 and MySQL is...I forget. Whatever was latest.

edit more: And I also can't seem to get into the guestbook entry edit screen. Funky.

jensclas
Re: Content Modules Not Working

Well - couple of suggestions:

1. Run debug on your aunts site - what does it say?
2. uninstall the faulty modules from your aunts site and try reuploading them - something may be missing from the files uploaded...ftp can be a mystery
3. Use default XOOPS theme and see if you have the same problem
4. Run a repair on the sessions table on your aunts site - this table can sometimes go down for no apparent reason and a repair will let you back in where you were blocked out (It's happened to me once)
5. Double check your chmod permissions. You might have missed something
6. Make sure you have permissions on everything - check your permissions table.

Let us know what you come up with.

(Just thought of another thing to try - the MD5 files check that comes with XOOPS 2.0.16)

MrToxin
Re: Content Modules Not Working
  • 2007/1/21 2:01

• MrToxin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/9 7

1 - I get zero errors and a bunch of code that I only partly understand. (I'm a bit iffy on the guts of programming as yet)

2 - Did that several times. I get the same error every time.

3 - OK, that I didn't think about before, but I tried that and I got the same problem with either theme.

4 - Part of the database blew up. Everything got fixed up, but I'm still having the problem.

5 - Triple checked.

6 - I have all the permissions.

Before I start tearing out what little hair I have left, I'm thinking wiping the whole site would be a good idea and starting over.

Meh...starting over didn't even help. Wow, is this ever annoying.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits