LucaNet
I need a wiki module. I like Dokuwiki, but the last version seems to work only with Xoops 2.2
  • 2007/1/8 13:10

• LucaNet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/25

I am really confused about this. I don't understand what module (or its version) is built for XOOPS 2.0

I would prefer to install a specific XOOPS module, but I could also install a stand-alone wiki.

I tried Wiwimod; it is a good module but it doesn't match my needs.

Mediawiki seems good but on my web server run php 4.3.11 and the last version of this wiki requires php 5 or later. However, I would like to control users through XOOPS permission settings.

Could anyone suggest me the best choice?

Greetings,

Luca

Anonymous
Re: I need a wiki module. I like Dokuwiki, but the last version seems to work only with Xoops 2.2
  • 2007/1/8 15:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

I tryied Dokuwiki on XOOPS 2.0.16 but didn't like it.

Apart from a few "idiosyncracies" (layout/buttons) which spoilt it for me, I thought it was possibly too powerful/complicated for my typical users' needs.

I went with Wiwimod 0.8.3 and it's doing the job well. Permissions are easy to set and I have some articles only editable by a specific created-for-the-purpose user-group.

I guess it comes down to personal preference and needs.

LucaNet
Re: I need a wiki module. I like Dokuwiki, but the last version seems to work only with Xoops 2.2
  • 2007/1/8 17:25

• LucaNet

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi JAVesey,

which Dokuwiki version is built for XOOPS 2.0?

I tried the last 2.02: initially, it seems to work well also with XOOPS 2.0 with Frameworks... but it gives a lot of errors... about 55

Now, I'm trying Mediawiki 1.58 also by phppp; it seems to be the last Mediawiki stable version built for PHP 4.x

Anonymous
  • 2007/1/8 17:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

I can't remember which version I tried, but it was only a month or so ago......probably either 2.01 or 2.02.

It seemed like a powerful application and I really wanted to like it but, for my needs, it was overkill.

LucaNet
  • 2007/1/8 22:51

• LucaNet

• Friend of XOOPS

I still don't understand if Dokuwiki 2.02 works also with XOOPS 2.0.x

If I watch all these errors, I think not!!!

PHP Version::

MySQL Version::
4.0.27-standard-log

XOOPS Version::
XOOPS 2.0.16

DokuWiki Version::

Errors
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/init.php line 295
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/init.php line 301
Notice: Undefined index: changelog in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/init.php line 146
Notice: Undefined index: p in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/auth.php line 58
Notice: Undefined index: r in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/auth.php line 58
Notice: Undefined index: id in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 20
Notice: Undefined index: id in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/pageutils.php line 24
Notice: Undefined index: rev in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 22
Notice: Undefined index: do in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 23
Notice: Undefined index: idx in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 24
Notice: Undefined index: date in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 25
Notice: Undefined index: lines in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 26
Notice: Undefined index: s in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 27
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/common.php line 981
Notice: Undefined index: host in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/common.php line 984
Notice: Undefined index: wikitext in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 30
Notice: Undefined index: prefix in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 31
Notice: Undefined index: suffix in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 32
Notice: Undefined index: summary in file /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php line 33
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/common.php line 805
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/common.php line 807
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/common.php line 808
Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/common.php line 813
Notice: Undefined index: index in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/template.php line 175
Notice: Undefined variable: REV in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/template.php line 185
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/pageutils.php line 264
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php line 505
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php line 604
Notice: Undefined index: style in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php line 882
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/pageutils.php line 264
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php line 505
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php line 604
Notice: Undefined index: style in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php line 882
Notice: Undefined index: dperm in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/io.php line 189
Notice: Undefined index: plugin_discussion_title in file /modules/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/discussion/discussion.php line 396
Notice: Undefined variable: ID in file /modules/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/discussion/discussion.php line 130
Notice: Undefined index: emailrequired in file /modules/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/discussion/discussion.php line 230
Notice: Undefined index: namerequired in file /modules/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/discussion/discussion.php line 236

skenow
  • 2007/1/9 0:26

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

php Notices are not critical and will not break the module. It just indicates some syntax was not followed completely

LucaNet
  • 2007/1/9 0:44

• LucaNet

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi skenow,

so, in your opinion, I can use Dokuwiki without any problem.

Could you explain me shortly if there is a way to solve these notices?

skenow
  • 2007/1/9 1:09

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Yes, you should be able to run it without any problems.

Now, if you look at the error messages you received, it tells you which file, which line and what specific item caused the problem. For example, the first error Quote:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in file /modules/dokuwiki/inc/init.php line 295
indicates a problem in /modules/dokuwiki/inc/init.php on line 295. A function on that line has an offset parameter that is set to 1, which is not set before the function is called. If you aren't sure about what this means, go to the PHP web site and use the function search to locate the function in question and find out how its parameters need to be specified.

You can go through each error message the same way. The individual errors may simply be a misuse of quotes or not setting the variable/parameter to the value beforehand.

I don't use DokuWiki and I have not downloaded a copy to debug, but with some careful examination of the files, you should be able to accomplish what you are hoping. Another option is to visit the developers' web site and see if they have a newer version that corrects some of these errors. They may also have a CVS with corrected files that have not been packaged into a release you can download and try.

ron-cpw
  • 2007/1/9 1:13

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/19

LOL! ...amazing.

I have just spent a lot of time implementing Dokuwiki on a site... felt that it was working well.

Then...seeing your post, I turned on the Debug and...

whoosh...pretty much the same set of several dozen errors, just like you!

Regardless, it does work. v.2.02 tamed the search function and that is what I have running.

I evaluated both Wiwimod and Dokuwiki... I was biased towards using Doku, since I had already done some manuals on a Joomla site, using Dokuwiki, am got pretty comfortable with the syntax.

Until v.2.02 fixed the search, I was content in settling for Wiwimod and found more freedom with the formatting and direct HTML capabilities.

Both work satisfactorily, IMHO. I probably will go live with the Dokuwiki module.

I did find Wiwimod m-u-c-h faster... and that was a positive.

Maybe all the errors that we see now were the cause of the slowness in Doku.

ron-cpw
  • 2007/1/9 1:14

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/19

oh, BTW...the Image insertion in Dokuwiki just doesn't work for us.

We are using direct links to gallery thumbs and full-size images and have scrapped any thought of wiki:images

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits