Rotal
Removing menu items from Main Menu Block
  • 2007/1/4 20:36

• Rotal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/4 2

I'm wondering how to remove menu items from main menu block. It displays every single module that I have installed and I do not want my visitors to see them.

Rotal
Re: Removing menu items from Main Menu Block
  • 2007/1/4 20:53

• Rotal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/4 2

sorry, for posting this question again. I have found the answer.

onasre
  • 2007/1/5 20:26

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

cAN U TELL ME HOW U DID IT ?
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

vaughan
  • 2007/1/5 21:01

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

@onasre

can you please not post in CAPS thanks.. it's classed as shouting and makes your text harder to read. (especially in longer posts)

the solution is in the FAQ section, or easily found if you use the search..

onasre
  • 2007/1/5 21:14

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

sorry for that but ididt find the answer on FAQ section , coud u put the link to the answer here plz

thx
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

onasre
  • 2007/1/5 23:14

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

i found it by my self , For who looking How its from Admin Area go to Modules and Set order to 0 to each module you do not want Appear in Mainmenu.

i wish someone could tell us just like that , not say plz go and search the FAQ becose idid and ididt get the answer and you are givin me answer any way , why not say how instaed say go search .. when u answer it will be more usful when others want to search again for simlliar answer
just idea.

vaughan
  • 2007/1/5 23:41

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

well you found out ;) so the answers there when you search.

i know personally myself i must have answered that same question at least 20 times in 3 years, add that to how many other people have answered it too, and that's a lot.

so why do we ask you to search? because we get fed up of repeating ourselves with questions that can easily be found by the user if they search properly. what's the point in having search or FAQ if everytime a simple question that has been asked & answered many many times previously, people keep giving the answer? in short.. it encourages people to help themselves which usually results in them getting their answers far quicker than waiting for a reply to a post.

there are times when solutions can't be found.. but users should be encouraged to search for themselves instead of just asking and hoping for a quick response because they haven't (or are just too lazy) to search 1st. you'll notice sometimes questions don't get answered at all because the answers are available in many places by searching. (i'm not getting at you here, please don't take this wrongly)

onasre
  • 2007/1/6 6:43

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

Yah you Right Man , thx for taken Care

TampaFla
  • 2007/1/7 13:27

• TampaFla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/7 1

hehe - I agree with ya vaughan.

Reading this gave me the idea to expand the functionality for moderators so they can flag a person for being lazy.

On the one hand we want XOOPS to grow and welcome all new developers/designers. Being as helpful as possible to these new members will encourage them continuing to use xoops.

On the other hand it's frustrating for you moderators to constantly answers newbie questions when answers are in a faq or other doc.

So if the forum could you moderators to register say 3 "lazy" questions per member then I think everyone would be happy.

The newbies could get going faster and hopefully continue to use/contrubute to the community (and not unfairly dismiss it as being arrogant) and you moderators (who do a heck of a good job) could keep the frustration level to a minimum.

... now if I remeber there was a place to suggest new functionality...

Login

Who's Online

461 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 461

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits