StevenB
Changing Host and dont want to blow it.
  • 2007/1/5 18:16

• StevenB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/3 2

Hi all,

I've decided to change hosts and after trying several I've picked one. I was hoping someone knowledgable could look at my plans to see if I'm missing any steps (or totally confused).

Note: currently XOOPS files are in oldsite/xoops and in the new site I want the XOOPS files in the root.

1) Installed XOOPS db backup and restore V3, ran module.
(one glitch email links to download files did not work in emails but files are in upload/backup. Will work on glitch later)

2) FTP'd a copy of my XOOPS folder

3) Created MySQL db on new server

4) Becouse I want XOOPS files for new site to be in root I change copied mainfile.php

define('XOOPS_URL''http://mysite.net/xoops');
to
define
('XOOPS_URL''http://mysite.net');

also in mainfile.php changed databasename, username and password. I dont think I need to change the DB_Prefix??

5) Add data to db (really not sure about this one) Extract db backup created with XOOPS db b&R, open with notepad. login to host cp, in phpmyadmin select querry window and paste the contents of the db backup into the querry, select go. (I think this will create tables and content)

6)FTP contents of my altered XOOPS folder to new host.

Does this sound right?

Other Stuff:
PHP 4.4, XOOPS v2.0.16, Protector v2.57, Multimenu v1.74, Document Management Systems (DMS) v1.87, CBB v3.05, DLinks v1, Formulize v2.2, Pageworks v2.2 and Multi Theme Hack.

Thanks for any input!

eric235u
Re: Changing Host and dont want to blow it.
  • 2007/1/5 19:31

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/19

i assume you have already read the faq's on this topic. sounds as though you know what you're doing. i'm a bit parinoid and use my webhost's db backup tool and phpmyadmin. i have two sets of MySQL backups just in case one of them has the hiccups, which unfortunately has happened to me before. but it seems you'll be fine.

StevenB
Re: Changing Host and dont want to blow it.
  • 2007/1/5 21:36

• StevenB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/3 2

Thanks for the response. I did read through the faq's but must have missed the alternative to using phpmyadmin to upload the files to the MySQL db. Will go back and look again.

Didn't know there was another way.

Oh and since my increadably fantastic new host now seems to be down, I guess I have some time to read before trying it.

One of those days.

Thanks again for the reponse.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits