dalex2006
how do I submit to the search engines successfuly when using xoops?
  • 2006/12/28 5:07

• dalex2006

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/16

Hi, there was a site map[ inteded for the use of google it is a module I found here, well I need instructions. I am stuck and google is saying that the xml_google.php is not a supporeted file. Please help I need my site in the search engines.

Also I have submitted my site to google and yahoo twice and still dont see my site when i type in the url. whats going on? How can I submit to websites when im using xoops? I need guidance to get a good page rank. I want to submit to yahoo, google and msn the most and go on from there.

I will also put this in thread in the module usage questions forum so I can get more replys from diffrent users.

Please help.

Thanks

wizanda
Re: how do I submit to the search engines successfuly when using xoops?
  • 2006/12/28 5:35

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Me personally wouldn't recommend Sitemap (latest copy may help), as it only shows the headers more of modules, and it won't search your site as much.

Next depending on what keywords you are using....... rome wasn't built in a day....

Adding your site on here helps loads, as search engines like Xoops....

Add your site everywhere you can, the more times any search engine see's it, the more it will like it and put you at the top....

Search engines see XOOPS well, make sure your Meta words are not to long or short using any meta test to see whats the longest.....choose good words, that match page contents overall.....

Mercury
  • 2006/12/29 0:44

• Mercury

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

I haven't done a lot of work on this yet at my site, but my understanding is that Google will find you once you get enough links pointing to your site. Additionaly, these links should ideally be from sites with a similar them to your site. Also, I keep hearing that "content" is king. A lot of effort should be invested into getting or developing good content for your site.

Good Luck!

JMorris
  • 2006/12/29 12:47

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

These links should get you started in the right direction. There's a lot there to read, but in gaining knowledge, you'll be well equipped to achieve your goals.

Tips for Producing a Popular XOOPS-Powered Site
Search Engine Tutorials

Best regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits