maxima
How can I set the anonymous group to status of registered?
  • 2006/12/25 2:09

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

I don't require users to register and so I'd like to make it so that when a module or new block is added it is automatically available to the Anonymous group just as it does for the registered group.

Quest
Re: How can I set the anonymous group to status of registered?
  • 2006/12/25 4:42

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

As a built in for XOOPS usually only Webmaster and Registered users are automatically granted permissions. This is actually somewhat of a security feature. For instance if you did install a particular module to a production site which you did not want anonymous users to have access then by default you would have no concern.

I'm affraid you will have to manually set the module access permissions and block permissions via the admin/system/groups control. Unless there is a hack out there somewhere. But hacking the XOOPS core can create difficulties when upgrading.

Hths
Quest

maxima
  • 2006/12/26 3:07

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

So there is no simple sql or code adjustment to make this happen? It would be nice if there was a switch in general preference to enable this.

The back office system is great to edit the site but sometimes I forget to set the permission when a block is added, then it's not until someone report that it's not visible that I realise.

Maybe someone has made this hack. If so please let me know how.

mactoeknee
  • 2006/12/27 5:57

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

Quote:

maxima wrote:
The back office system is great to edit the site but sometimes I forget to set the permission when a block is added, then it's not until someone report that it's not visible that I realise.

I agree it would be nice to have as a settable preference for some sites I work on, but until such a feature is available, I avoid the problem you have by doing my XOOPS setup work in one browser logged in as admin, and I always have a second browser open to the site, not logged in, and I have gotten in the habit of checking all changes I have made as an anonymous user. Once in a great while, I find that I have granted access to something to anonymous that I did not intend to do, but more often find something not showing up that I intend for anonymous, so I think the extra time (which isn't much) of getting in the habit of quickly switching to another browser and reloading is well worth it.

Good luck.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits