jooel
CBB - Quickreply & quotebutton
  • 2006/12/13 13:50

• jooel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/10

I have just started using XOOPS and It turns out to be a great piece of software for me. However, I have two main concerns, that someone might be able to help me solving:

1. I want to change the width of the quickreply form in CBB. What file is responsible for this? The quickreply form seems to be called via a function from the template, and I guess I need to find out what file this function, with its parameters, is defined in.

2. Is there an easy way to bring in the quote-button below the quickreply form? I am referring to the button that pastes the text you're replying on into the form. I believe this button was removed in some version of cbb, but I need it.

Thanks! hoping for some advice

chippyash
Re: CBB - Quickreply & quotebutton
  • 2006/12/13 14:33

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

You would be better directing this question at the module developers in the first instance. CBB support can be found at http://xoopsforge.com/

CBB is a major module for XOOPS and well supported.

Please do come back here if you get no joy there.

jooel
  • 2006/12/13 14:40

• jooel

• Just popping in

Quote:

akitson wrote:
You would be better directing this question at the module developers in the first instance. CBB support can be found at http://xoopsforge.com/

CBB is a major module for XOOPS and well supported.

Please do come back here if you get no joy there.

Thanks, I'll try!

They are currently closed for new user registrations, though.

Lance_
  • 2006/12/13 14:43

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

jooel
  • 2006/12/13 15:30

• jooel

• Just popping in

Quote:

Where should i post my question? Are you referring to the "support request" section?

Bender
  • 2006/12/13 18:03

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I am not sure about the status of xoopsforge.com at the moment. Phppp is moving a lot of stuff back to xoops.org / dev.xoops.org so ... i guess for now this forum will do fine in this case even if in the very recent past xoopsforge.com was the place to go

Regarding question 1 i canĀ“t help.

Regarding question 2: What was removed is the quote button display on every single reply. You can reenable that most likely by following the instructions i wrote in this topic:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=47240&forum=28#forumpost207510
(Post #6)

Note that this was for an older version and line numbers might have changed since then. (could even be completely removed but i dont think so - cant check from here right now)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

irmtfan
  • 2006/12/13 19:44

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

the proper place for technical support about Cbb is the official forum in d.x.o.
open discussion

1- for change the row and col open newbb/viewtopic.php around line 572:
$quickform "textarea";

$editor_configs = array();

$editor_configs["caption"] = _MD_MESSAGEC;

$editor_configs["name"] ="message";

$editor_configs["rows"] = 10;

$editor_configs["cols"] = 60;

you can change type of editor in the first row. all others are obvious.

2- #OOPS - read Bender post

edit:
- its good to read this faq about cbb before posting:
http://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=407&forum=1
Quote:

Q: where is quote
A: the "quote" button has been moved to edit/reply page. In other words, once you enter the edit page, you will see the "quote" button beside "submit". The change was made considering a balance between user-friendly and speed.
In the past, we had some reports from users that may help you understand the changes we made: what's the difference between quote and reply, they just confuse; when I use WYSIWYG and click "quote", nothing happened; I have too many buttons on the view page, can we remove the useless ones.

jooel
  • 2006/12/13 23:46

• jooel

• Just popping in

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
the proper place for technical support about Cbb is the official forum in d.x.o.
open discussion

Thanks for the link! If i get the information I need, I hope it's ok that I post it in this thread in case someone else is having the same questions in the future.

Quote:
1- for change the row and col open newbb/viewtopic.php around line 572:
$quickform "textarea";

$editor_configs = array();

$editor_configs["caption"] = _MD_MESSAGEC;

$editor_configs["name"] ="message";

$editor_configs["rows"] = 10;

$editor_configs["cols"] = 60;

you can change type of editor in the first row. all others are obvious.

I've found this too, but changing the $editor_configs["cols"] doesn't seem to have any effect. Changing the rows works though.

Quote:

2- #OOPS - read Bender post

edit:
- its good to read this faq about cbb before posting:
http://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=407&forum=1
Quote:

Q: where is quote
A: the "quote" button has been moved to edit/reply page. In other words, once you enter the edit page, you will see the "quote" button beside "submit". The change was made considering a balance between user-friendly and speed.
In the past, we had some reports from users that may help you understand the changes we made: what's the difference between quote and reply, they just confuse; when I use WYSIWYG and click "quote", nothing happened; I have too many buttons on the view page, can we remove the useless ones.

That note is partly the reason for me asking. The button has been removed so i suppose it could be possible to add it again =) I guess the main reason of its removal is the fact that it does not work together with wysiwyg, but I won't use that anyway.

Bender
  • 2006/12/13 23:49

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Hello? Did you check the link i posted?

I just looked at cbb 3.07 and its still correct. The lines have been moved to 397-399 but other than that you can still do what i wrote under that link.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jooel
  • 2006/12/13 23:56

• jooel

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bender wrote:
Did you check the link i posted?

Yes. It seems like you weren't referring to the same quote button as me? I am talking about the one which, once pressed, pastes text into the reply form. Not the quote button next to edit/reply/delete.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits