tom
Re: module spidering?
  • 2006/12/13 18:43

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Thanks for the information guys.

irmtfan,

Doing each image would be a mammoth job for me, there are thousands, and it's important for users to be to submit.

akitson,

Thanks for that, although it seems obvious I never thought of excluding one image type. Is there any way to exclude specific images so that other sites can use them and hotlink?

Thanks for the valuable information, any further advise is much appreciated.

chippyash
  • 2006/12/13 20:39

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:
Is there any way to exclude specific images so that other sites can use them and hotlink?

There possibly is but it's beyond the limitations of my knowledge. Have a search on gogle or n the apache pages for the rewrite rules, I'm sure I've seen something on them. Sorry

tom
  • 2006/12/14 2:50

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for your help mate.

I'm still looking for other ways to allow specific images, but for the information of others with the same query to me, there is a quick fix I've research, although not tested it fully as yet, but seems to work. Create another .htaccess file and pop it in the directory for the image you want to allow, might mean you have to move the image to another directory:

here is the .htaccess:

RewriteEngine off

I'm not sure if it would affect the use of short urls, though, please seek professional advice before using it.

As and when, well if I find a solution, which I'm sure there must be, I shall post it here, for anyone interested.

I suppose you could also, simple use the logo banner as the referal image shown to those trying to hotlink, this could work, lol and free advertising too.

tom
  • 2006/12/14 5:35

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

mmm.

The option of allowing people the choice of being able to type the url and being able to view the img, doesn't seem to stop the other site hotlinking it.

Quote:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]

But when I specify site access, then it work?

Login

Who's Online

276 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 276

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits