knotty
Restoring a failed theme.
  • 2006/6/3 23:16

• knotty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/1 1

This is probably mentioned somewhere but thought I'd post it in case some else did it. I was playing around with choosing different themes from the manager and for some reason, one apparently failed as all I got was a white screen and couldn't get back to admin.

Went to Cpanel PHPMYADMIN and to the XOOPS db. Clicked "browse" on xoops_config. Clicked the edit(pencil icon) on "theme_set". In the conf_value, there was a text box with the failed theme name.

I just deleted the failed theme name and typed default into the text box and clicked "go" at the bottom. Everything was restored back to the default theme.

knotty

allein
Re: Restoring a failed theme.
  • 2006/12/13 12:19

• allein

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/13

The same thing happened to me. I got a blank ie white screen. I played around with copying individiual theme files in the Unix shell but unfortunately, got no results.
Since I do not have cpanel but just a Unix shell, I am unable to follow your instructions here.
Could some else please point out what I must edit (using joe) so that things are restored back to the default theme?
Thanx in advance!

stefan88
  • 2006/12/13 12:38

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

it will be easyer just to delete files from the folder of the failed theme and upload the files from default (or other theme that work). Eventualy you will have to clean the template_c filder - delete all files, except index.html.

On a side note it is good to have second browser open at XOOPS admin when testing themes, so if something goes wrong, you can change the theme again ...

BDW
  • 2006/12/13 12:48

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

I second Stefan88 as this is what I now do since a theme edit went wrong for me.

Login

Who's Online

481 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 481

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits