wizanda
Re: !!!New Yahoo Xoops Group!!!
  • 2006/12/9 18:04

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Understand and Valid point....this was never here goes another lets make a Yahoo site and call it our own...

This is Yahoo offers free services...these can be used as a way of free promotion, of any XOOPS sites....

In us using as much of the web as possible, the more XOOPS spreads...

So if Yahoo is plastered in XOOPS everywhere...who does that help Yahoo? Myspace? msnLive, ect?

Nope it helps us as there are more XOOPS sites then Yahoo ones

preachur
  • 2006/12/9 18:37

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I am just saying we make XOOPS better than yahoo groups for the users. Then just use yahoo as a promotional tool. I just hate that I have domains with XOOPS sites, and more people are still using my old yahoo groups. I hate seeing my users have to pay for meetup.com when I feel like I could be offering those same services to them for free. I hate having to go to myspace and dealing with ads and slow servers and errors just to see my friends. I want them to come to the site I have been running for 10 years like they used to back from 1996-2001. I have been running XOOPS on there for 2 years now. When I originally built it everyone had to log in seperately for each feature. It was a mix of .cgi and .php and java... part was hosted and part I hosted. Now it's Xoops. I think it has more potential now than it ever did before. In early 2003 the site was talked about in Rolling Stone magazine and it went haywire. I had to shut it down and rebuild it after that. I started out with CMSscout and I completely re-designed it. When that wasn't functional enough I found Xoops. I love it. Now I have other sites running Xoops... Likehttp://southwestpagans.com The site has great potential and I want to see it grow. By late next summer after I finish some of my paid projects I want to get servers and run the sites on my own machines. I don't want XOOPS to be like yahoo. I want XOOPS to be BETTER than yahoo. I want to see my sites giving my users everything they want and need.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

wizanda
  • 2006/12/9 19:05

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Snap....3 Years on XOOPS Competition the same....so agree on going to MySpace where you can't talk....Msn is the worse for added costs....Yahoo isn't to bad, yet agree with you....

Yet point is one thing people want we are realizing is to surf freely and faster....(well I do)...so in anyways you can interlink the better...

As now someone goes to Yahoo360 for me there is my site, go to MySpace there is my site...or other way around go to my articles on MySpace and there is MySpace/wizanda or Yahoo360/wizanda framed.... they are my content, so I don't see how in me iframing anything I have written, anyone else can say they own my copyright, if it is my content

Use XOOPS to interlink is the best way, if you can’t beat them join them and then you win…..making more friends is good….letting them be whom they want is Good…..giving them more ways to be who they are is even better….Xoops does this better then any of the systems already!...

So in us bringing XOOPS to Yahoo, in return we get Yahoo to come to us....which means more users as they understand what XOOPS is built on

preachur
  • 2006/12/9 19:10

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

That brings up a good point, Wizanda. Why not modify a module like say: the Cafepress module so users can plug their myspace or yahoo360 profile pages directly into their UserPage on an XOOPS site?

wizanda
  • 2006/12/9 19:45

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Userpages works to do this with html and a iframe....
The iframe module its self can and article or forum can also...
Basically anything running Koivi editor can ususally do html, if so it can do an iframe and make interlinking pages as we have done with each of them modules before...

preachur
  • 2006/12/9 20:00

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Yes, but this way they'd just enter their URL and their page would be there.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits