nekro
Re: What we can include to XOOPS to get it friendlier ???
  • 2006/8/4 16:33

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

Well ... now i understand the idea ... of some of you ... of working... developing... and not only giving ideas... to spect to other to be done... but... i think.. that my idea.. my post... is much more better than others ... that only publish advertisments of theirs services... i think that ... that kind of post not give anythig to the XOOPS comunnity... my post is not only a requesting or just giving ideas... now i am working in the Universidad de Quilmes ( Quilmes Nacional University ) from Argentina... where the universitys are FREE... you don`t have to pay... and we are including ( slowly ) all the systems of the university under XOOPS ...

Back to my post idea... ->

Now we are developing in my work 3 new (little) features which will be publicated in a few time... a hack to use SSL the hole time... not only to login... because some of ours systems needs more security...
And other is a featured... to administrate a multi-site... many XOOPS in a same directory root... both are next to be finished...
The third is to administrate the servers errors screens like 404 500 403 ... from XOOPS ... not a server page... i know ... that there is a module ... but ive never get it working... so... we made a hack... very prietty! and simple... that stuff makes XOOPS friendlier... and maybe more profesional... now...https://xoops.org/asdasda shows ... an apache error ... that sucks!...

All the ideas... that will be posted here... its very probably (not sure)... that will be done... by me and other parthners in my work... and then published...

thanks.. for the time!

nekro
  • 2006/8/4 16:37

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

i noticed.. that Herko understand point! GREAT!

wizanda
  • 2006/12/9 12:53

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Xoops needs!!!

Pm Hack as Standard; on all good site you recieve emails from PM!
Without this we lose half of our community...look at any site that does well on community, it is as people can Pm and talk....

Herko
  • 2006/12/9 13:14

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Like I said in my previous posts, it's not about generating good ideas. We have those aplenty. Probably enough good ideas to keep 100 full time developers busy for a whole year.

Thing is, we haven't got 100 full time developers with a year of dedicated XOOPS time to spend. So improving on the ideas probably isn't going to make them get realised any sooner.

If you can't code (properly) but have a bunch of good ideas, maybe you (in general) should focus on getting the resources to realise them. And that isn't done by trying to convince everyone your idea is the killer app for XOOPS. Because that's just more of the same, only bigger.

No, I propose you find ways to get the resources. Find funds, sponsorships, competitions, get IT students to make a proof of concept as part of their education, find partners to help you in getting those, find a developer who wants to do it for what you can offer, and include sustainable development in that (what happens with bugs, patches, support etc.).

Oh, and think less of what you can add to the core, and more on how you can get what you want in a module. That way the chances of success are bigger.

Just my 2 cents. Not aimed in particular at you, Wizanda

Herko

wizanda
  • 2006/12/9 15:55

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

We work for Xoops(Open source oneness) 24/7 as our Job for life and fun...my goal are set on making XOOPS all it can be...yet when I offer, no one allows me to do any of it....or even reply to me in most cases...

We have vastly speeded up any XOOPS core by X4 so making one of the fastest systems....and can do that with all of Xoops...

Am willing to put in tons of hours for fun, of making XOOPS what it needs...not just ideas....(I personally hate saying something and not doing so....so the moment an idea is discussed we could have it done in hours, as all we do is this.)

~Yet if ideas come about an pass with none of us with much time other then me...why not let us try?

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits