templates generated: Yes

General Server Information:

Apache: 1.3.36 (UNIX)
PHP: 4.4.2
MySQL: 4.1.20 (std.log)
Register_globals: ON

PC Browser

Widnows XP Home Edition

I am having the wierdest stuff happen with SmartFaq 1.0.4 Final. The redirect page doesn't work from admin submissions, it looks as if it is trying for history go -2 but it no go no where. Submissions and approvals seem to be hit and miss.
The strangest thing is I can't get categories to cooperate. I created one, submitted a question, approved it and answered and approved it too. It showed up but it disappeared. So I recreated it. Well one of them showed up again but I could see two in the the Last Questions block. I went into phpadmin and took care of it there and all was okay. Then today I went back to work on my faqs and created another category. The first Category just disappeared. I can see it is there in the admin but it will not show up on the index page. My smartfaq admin shows now only one question again, two categories and only one category display on front side with one question.
I have not made any modifications or hacks.
I don't know of any better way to explain the problem, sorry...
I checked smartfactory and I did find there is a version 1.0.8 beta 4, but what happen to 1.0.5 - 1.0.7? Not that it really matters I suppose but I was curious.
I don't see any answers on their site to my problems.

Is 1.0.8 Beta 4 the replacement for the 1.0.4 Final?
So so so confused.

Help me help me.
Quest

BadAngler
Re: SmartFaq
  • 2006/12/5 23:09

• BadAngler

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/28

I had the same problem an hour ago. I found the newest release works great. Try thishttp://smartfactory.ca/uploads/smartfaq_1.08_beta_3.zip

Quest
Re: SmartFaq
  • 2006/12/6 15:57

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Thank you BadAngler. There is actually a beta 4 now and based on what you tell me and the info I can glean from the smartfactory some bugs have been cleaned up and it works good. I'll try out the version 1.0.8 beta 4 and see how it goes. If you would like it you can get it here:

SmartFaq version 1.0.8 Beta 4

Quest

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits