Lourdes
transfer old data to new installation
  • 2006/12/3 18:23

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

Long story made short, I'm switching webhosts, but my current XOOPS installion can't be moved (databases can't be named the same), so I have to install 2.0.16 and import my old content.

I know how to export the MySQL information (tables, etc), but I don't know how to insert all my registered users, forum posts, et al., into the new installation. I already read the FAQ on migrating a site, but this situation is just slightly different enough for me to be left utterly confused.

(I already tried importing the information into the database, but I received an error saying the table already existed.)

If someone could point me in any sort of direction, I'd be very grateful!

Cheers,
Chella

vaughan
Re: transfer old data to new installation
  • 2006/12/3 22:42

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

either select the option in phpmyadmin when you export the db to add DROP table if exists (which will then drop existing tables when you import)

or go thru the export file and edit out the create table parts just leaving the INSERT or UPDATE queries.

vaughan
  • 2006/12/3 22:44

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

or create the db on your new server, copy the files across to the new server, but don't go thru the install process.

simply import your db into an empty database that hasn't got any tables created.. then edit mainfile.php to reflect the new paths & db info..

Lourdes
  • 2006/12/4 2:42

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

Thank you, I was able to move my old site over. My only problem now is that none of the modules will load in my admin page...is this a problem with the files, or the database?

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits