kerkyra
xoops_trusted_path
  • 2006/11/29 2:37

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

hallo there i'm using XOOPS 2.0.15 and all of a sudden i cant see the new modules i upload in the module administratos area! I defined the XOOPS trusted path, i copied all the modules (old and new) in it and still no results! Any ideas why this is happening? is there a way to disable it perhaps?
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Quest
Re: xoops_trusted_path
  • 2006/11/29 2:49

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Sometimes a zip or tar file will have more than one folder. When they get compressed a folder with the name is created and inside the folder is actually the folder which you need to upload. For example- you download the modulexx_2.1.tar or modulexx_2.1.zip, you uncompress it and inside it is another folder named modulexx_2.1, but if you look inside there is another folder named modulexx. This last folder is actually the one you need to upload and has all the files and folders for the module.

This is just an example and hard for me to communicate in writing. Simply put-make sure what you have uploaded is actually the module folder intended for uploading.

HTHs
Quest

kerkyra
  • 2006/11/29 3:49

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

i'm not new in xoops! i know what you are talking about! Been there...done that! This is the first time i see the xoops_trusted_path message though! The modules are really ok and the files as well! It's just that before setting the trusted path in mainfile i got the message to set it up, and after i did nothing happens! No new modules are showing! Only the ones uploaded before the message! I run 4 websites www.photovisions.gr (xoops 2.0.15 with multilanguage hack) www.mykerkyra.gr (xoops 2.2.4 in greek) www.energycorfu.gr (xoops 2.0.16) and www.corfumusicevents.gr (xoops 2.0.15 with multilanguages hack also) the last one is the one causing the problem! All websites are located on the same server. I own the first two, and i'm responsible for the rest!

I really didnt understand how this happened and have no clue on how to correct it! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quest thanks for your answer! I only wish it was that!

tempel33
  • 2006/11/29 4:28

• tempel33

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/5

why would you upload modules in xoops_trusted_path ???
shouldn't you upload them in /modules ???

stefan88
  • 2006/11/29 7:22

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Maybe 2.0.15 is not compatible with fastest cache ...
Why not ask at GIJOEs forum ...?

@tempel33: If you are using GIJOEs fastest cache hack (or XOOPS Cube), there is xoops_trusted_path.

JCDunnart
  • 2006/11/29 7:40

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Read the 2.0.16 release notes about unsupported templates access - sounds like gijoe is one of the devs that uses hacks. I don't know, I don't use any of his modules.

irmtfan
  • 2006/11/29 7:42

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

xoops_trust_path just use in Gijoe's modules.

Gijoe use Duplicatable3 method.

@ stefan88:
what is your problem with fastest cache module?
i test it in 2.0.16 and 2.2.4 all works fine.

stefan88
  • 2006/11/29 8:37

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Quote:

@ stefan88:
what is your problem with fastest cache module?
i test it in 2.0.16 and 2.2.4 all works fine.

Quote:
Maybe 2.0.15 is not compatible with fastest cache ...

Fastest cache also uses XOOPS trust path.
I don't have 2.0.15, so can't be shure. I do not have problem with fatsest cache.

Quest
  • 2006/11/29 11:50

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Not sure this is relevant but when I try your links:

http://www.corfumusicevents.gr/ (Blank, or can't find page)

http://www.photovisions.gr/ (works just fine)

http://www.mykerkyra.gr/ (works just fine)

http://www.energycorfu.gr/ (works just fine)

Maybe something went bad during installation/inclusion of the modifications/hack? Have you restored back to the way it was and then tried again for the corfumusicevents site?

Getting that dreaded white page could be indicative of another problem...

Quest

kerkyra
  • 2006/11/29 21:15

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

sorry about that the first link is

www.corfumusicevents.net not .gr!

I dont use any weird modules that need the XOOPS trusted path! I've never ever heard of it, till now! Is there any way to disable it?

As i read in this forum (if i remember correctly) i had to upload the modules in the trusted path as well in order for them to work! It's some kind of security measure in order for XOOPS to dissallaw any other scripts from running from another location!

I just want this to be disabled!

The modules i used in corfumusicevents are

picall, polls, wfdownloads, newbb and liaise! I've used those modules before with no such problems! I really can't see why this happened!

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits