trust007
how to implement theme.
  • 2006/11/29 0:35

• trust007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/29

I am completely new to XOOPS and i need some help from the community.
My goal is to create a 5 page static website. The reason im using XOOPS is because i would like to further enhance my company website and therefore this is the perfect platform.

Let me start by telling you how far i am:
1)I have successfully installed XOOPS
I am running it on my home machine using WAMP.(for testing purpose) (htdocs is under apache \www\htdocs

2)I downloaded the 4whitebusiness theme. Thats the one i like the best and would like to have all my static pages look and feel like it.
I moved the downloaded folder to \htdocs\themes

3)I also downloaded the (xoops2-mod_cjaycontent_v3_ie), this was recommended by someone in this forum as a start to make some static pages.
I have moved the files to the module folder in \htdocs\modules.

My question now is how do i create the static page.
When i open XOOPS i see

User Menu
Administration Menu
View Account
Edit Account
Notifications
Inbox
Logout

Once i go into the administrator menu
I see
System admin
Cjay content

How will i be able to create static pages using the theme that i deployed?
Whats the next step?

Thanks.
S.

jensclas
Re: how to implement theme.

You need to go back a step or two in your understanding of how XOOPS works. If you have successfully installe your theme it will show no matter what module you use. You need to set blocks from the modules to show on pages. I am unfamiliar with cjcontent so you need to look into this further and can do this using the search function. Please note we have a seperate forum topic for module useage questions, theme questions etc. So...if you want specific help with the cjcontent module you should use the module useage forum and use cj content in your subject line.

I suggest you do a little more reading and getting your head around how XOOPS works -

New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

as a start click on your Home Cjay Content and see if it allows you to enter data - if not you will need to go to admin and click on the Cjay Content module, set your preferences etc and then go to admin/blocks and set block visibility for cjcontent then finally go to admin/groups and set permissions.

HTH

trust007
Re: how to implement theme.
  • 2006/11/29 2:18

• trust007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/29

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
You need to go back a step or two in your understanding of how XOOPS works. If you have successfully installe your theme it will show no matter what module you use. You need to set blocks from the modules to show on pages. I am unfamiliar with cjcontent so you need to look into this further and can do this using the search function. Please note we have a seperate forum topic for module useage questions, theme questions etc. So...if you want specific help with the cjcontent module you should use the module useage forum and use cj content in your subject line.

I suggest you do a little more reading and getting your head around how XOOPS works -

New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

as a start click on your Home Cjay Content and see if it allows you to enter data - if not you will need to go to admin and click on the Cjay Content module, set your preferences etc and then go to admin/blocks and set block visibility for cjcontent then finally go to admin/groups and set permissions.

HTH

I completely understand that a lot of reading will be involved.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Again thanks for the help mate!
:)

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits