franciscohm
Port a PHP Application to Xoops

Hello all,

I promise I have been browising the forums (and used the search engine) but I could not find what I am looking for.

What I need is a "how-to" guide about porting an existing PHP applicattion into Xoops. What I need is even simpler... I do not need the XOOPS menus to appear etc. I just need that only XOOPS users that have logged-in can access the primary application.

The application I already have does not requiere log-in so the only thing I need is "adding something" that prevents accessing into the applicattion unless you are logged into xoops. I would appreciate also if that "something" includes membership to a XOOPS group (example "Webmasters").

Please let me know

Thanks a lot
Francisco

WarDick
Re: Port a PHP Application to Xoops
  • 2006/11/28 22:30

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Based on your criteria I would recommend myiframe module. You can find the news release here.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

preachur
  • 2006/11/28 22:41

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Just code it so the "add something" link doesn't display unless they have an active logged-in XOOPS cookie for your site.

Then if you want it to display within your XOOPS theme use the iframe module.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

preachur
  • 2006/11/28 22:43

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

You can also code the "add something" page to not be accessible to anyone except certain groups. I think you can find the info you need in the Module Dev Forge Wiki pages. :)

franciscohm

Thanks for your tips... Can you please give me more tips where that information could be? Do you have the link?

Peekay
  • 2006/11/29 0:01

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

What you need is JMorris's excellent PageWrap module (a development of the MyPage module).

Unpack the archive and do one of three things to 'index.php':

1) If it's a small application, add raw PHP.

2) If you prefer, use a PHP include statement to include larger page(s) of code.

3) Or, create an iFrame for the app.

Then install the module as normal and set access permissions. A button link to the module index page - i.e your PHP app - will appear in the main menu. You can rename the module in XOOPS to whatever you want. You can even change the button.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

preachur
  • 2006/11/29 0:58

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Here's one that might help you:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php/ModuleDevGuide

preachur
  • 2006/11/29 1:00

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Also, Peekay is right. You would want the PageWrap module.

franciscohm

Thanks very much to EVERYBODY!

I think this is exactly what I was searching. I will explore it this weekend.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks
Francisco

franciscohm

Hi again Xoopers,

I have been working on this for the weekend and I am afraid none of your tips work for my case (or at least I was not able to make them work). Thanks againg for your tips

1. My iFrame: It works fine, but not for my case since the layout of the page gets really weird. The application I want to tie to XOOPS is a full-screen one so it is difficult to fit it into a frame.

2. PageWrap Module. I thought it was going to be the good one, but it did not work either. I follow the instructions but when I mixed the PHP it simply does not work. The original PHP application gets interferences from the module.

3. Development Guide. Honestly, I get very confused about so much programming information. I spent some time but had no clue how to begin. I am not an IT expert (but I was able to build up a cool intranet so far thanks to Xoops!)

So let me formulate again what I need just in case anyone knows how to solve it:

Quote:
If I am right (not sure!) what I need is the PHP code lines I should add to an existing PHP page in order to make it visible if the user is logged-in, or to ask the user to log-in the XOOPS portal if it is not yet.

I do not need my PHP page to be aesthetically integrated in Xoops. What I need is a sort of "Xoops logging" for an existing PHP application. The PHP application is now open so that I need to add PHP code to restrict the access and link it to XOOPS logging framework.

Does anybody have a clue of what code should I add??

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits