svaha
Re: a Conjecture for others forums?
  • 2006/11/27 8:51

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I'm interested in this project.
Though CBB is very good forum software, it doesn't compare to SMF.
For this reason I already converted one XOOPS 2.2.4/CBB 3.04 site to SMF/TP.
What doesn't kill me,
makes me stronger.

http://exm.amevita.eu
http://www.amevita.eu
http://www.alohaspirit.nl

Mithrandir

Thanks for the info, Orstio

#1: check

#2: "valid SMF session" - when we are in another module, how do we ensure that the SMF session exists?

#3: Where will the user be sent afterwards? My intention is to go back to the article/download/etc. but if it goes to the thread, I guess people will live with it.

#4: Something like that, yes. Is there a hierarchy of categories and subforums or will a simple board table query do?

For banned:

Quote:
Do you plan to add support for more forums with your Conjecture (vBulletin, Invision Power Board.. Maybe I can make a nice list for you, if you want)?

I have abstracted things out so that all that is required is a new class and a small change to xoops_version.php

Quote:

Second: are you using $xoopsuser for things like permissions, usernames or what - for cbb or other forums bridged to XOOPS you can do it, but what if one is using a separate forum software that not share (or bridge) the userbase with XOOPS - and maybe don't need to give submits capability to users?

I don't do permissions at all, but leave it up to the forum module to enforce relevant permissions.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Orstio
  • 2006/11/27 23:04

• Orstio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/18

Quote:
#2: "valid SMF session" - when we are in another module, how do we ensure that the SMF session exists?

Just including SMF's SSI.php will do that just fine. It should return a valid session ID into $context['sess_id'].

Quote:
#3: Where will the user be sent afterwards? My intention is to go back to the article/download/etc. but if it goes to the thread, I guess people will live with it.

Yeah, that form would take them to the SMF topic after posting (or to the topic index, depending on the setting the admin has chosen).

There are two ways around this:

1) You could set up a form that would submit to a piece of code that would add the post and then return to the article instead. This would not be advised unless you really want to write all the security checks to go with it.

2) You could write a SMF modification package to go with the XOOPS module to check the referring submission and return to the XOOPS article. See here for more info on writing SMF mods:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=506

The files you would want to look at are Post.php and Subs-Post.php.

Quote:
#4: Something like that, yes. Is there a hierarchy of categories and subforums or will a simple board table query do?

The heirarchy is user-definable, so yes, querying the smf_boards table will be the best route.

Mithrandir

OK, I'll let #3 go to the topic - it's not optimal, but I'd rather not duplicate permissions checks etc.

It ought to work, but it would be great if someone felt like trying it out
http://www.cusix.dk/uploads/xoops2_mod_conjecture_v2.00.tar.gz

as I don't have an SMF installation to test it against.
You configure in the module's preferences, which forum bridge to use (currently Newbb (i.e. CBB 3.07) or SMF)

Feedback here or on Cusix Xoops playground.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Orstio
  • 2006/11/28 11:24

• Orstio

• Just popping in

After I upload the conjecture folder to my modules, should there not be something in my Modules Administration?

Mithrandir

Definitely - it should be installed just like any other module.

Cusix Software

Orstio
  • 2006/11/28 11:48

• Orstio

• Just popping in

I have uploaded the conjecture folder. It is inside the modules folder, just like the other modules. But there is nothing in the XOOPS Modules Administration except the modules I have already installed.

Mithrandir

Works fine at my local installation, so that's rather weird.

You don't get messages like
Module File for conjecture Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

Cusix Software

Lance_
  • 2006/11/28 13:49

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

The module installs fine for me.

The Assign forum does not get populated by the smf boards like the newbb option does.

Cheers
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Orstio
  • 2006/11/28 22:29

• Orstio

• Just popping in

No, I get nothing, as if it's not there. I can see the files and folders are there by FTP, but XOOPS is not finding them.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits