jimwillshire
Can I do this with an Article Module?

Dear All,

I'm currently putting together my FIRST XOOPS site & I absolutely LOVE it!

I am however a little stuck as to the best way of going about doing the following:

We run an information service, we currently have a large number of PDFs that we want reigstered users to have available, they would be grouped into various categories.

What we would like are the PDFs to grouped (as with most article modules), but then when an article (as a PDF) is selected it opens in a new browser window (rather than some of the hacks where it opens in an iWindow)

In the future we would like to give users the options of uploading an article (which is then checked & converted to PDF by us).

Would anyone have any advise or recommendations with regard to modules for this?

Thanks,

Jim

jensclas
Re: Can I do this with an Article Module?

Head over to smartfactory and take a look at smart sections and wf downloads. Smart sections allows you to create an article and ad the pdf file, and with the right permissions users can submit articles. wf downloads allows you to upload files so users can download them.

jimwillshire

Thanks very much for the reply, I was reaching the same conclusion myself - what would be the advantages of using Smart Section?

Jim

jensclas

Quote:
what would be the advantages of using Smart Section?

1: It is actively developed and supported by a team of IMHO XOOPS experts who are helpful

2: You can create sections and access levels for the sections - general community, committees, family, teens, parents, etc and subcategories within these so you could so you could have documentation suited to various groups and purposes within your community.

eg
general: Monhtly newsletter, prayers, community history
Family: parenting support group, youth group
committees: (whatever your vaious committees are) - and here you can restrict access to a group you create who are committee members if you wish to.

You can have the same 'categories' in your forum too.

3: You can write a brief intro to an article that is a pdf and upload the pdf to go with it.

(I can't connect to y website right now - server down - but if you go into www.jensclassroom.com and click on articles you will see how I have structured mine.)

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits