bubu3250
Flash MP3 Player based on MySql and NOT on Playlist
  • 2006/11/25 5:44

• bubu3250

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/25

Hi:

I have a fully searchable database of 4,000 + voice samples which I want to play directly from the website (button only player in a table populated from a MySQL database) without needing any external player (Aindows Media, Quicktime, Real, etc)

Anybody knows of any existing player or knows how to create a simple embedded Flash MP3 player which can play mp3's from a MySQL database instead a database?

Thanks
hp

chippyash
Re: Flash MP3 Player based on MySql and NOT on Playlist
  • 2006/11/25 8:56

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

As far as I know, the ability to actually play the mp3 is down to what the user has on their client browser/pc. Giving the browser the uri for an mp3 file should fire up the relevant player on the client machine.

As far as doing it from a MySQL database is concerned, that's straightforward. You'd presumably only use the database as a catalogue and keep the mp3 files on disk.

So putting it together as a new module should be pretty easy.

However you might like to experiment with another module such as mylinks or similar to prove the theory first. Just put the location of the mp3 file as the link and see what happens. Or create a custom block and hard code the file locations as links and again see what happens.

Once you've proved the theory you might consider modifying the module to meet your needs or contacting one of the devs listed on the "Xoops developers for paid projects" stickeyed topic in this forum.

Regards
A

Login

Who's Online

391 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 391

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits