dream77
please help - changing my domain name
  • 2006/11/21 17:00

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

HI!

I am going to switch my primary domain at my webhost, however, they have this warning before you do it.

"WARNING: If you have us change your domain name all of your add-on domains will no longer work. You will need to delete them and remake them yourself after we do this."

I have a XOOPS site on one of my subdomains that I still whant to be a subdomain, but to a different primary domain. I have talked to hostgator and they say that the info will remain on the server, but I will need to edit the scripts to get it to work. I do not get any info on whant to edit, and they suggested that I should ask here.
can someone please help me in what I should be expecting to edit, what to write, etc... I have spent alot of time with that XOOPS site and would rather not do a reinstallation.

Host: hostgator, shared server.
xoops: 2.0.14

Regards
Martin

[size=xx-small][Edit by Bender]Please use meaningfull subjects. It will usually increase the number of replies and goes with this sites rules ;) Subject slightly modified.d[/size]

Bender
Re: please help
  • 2006/11/21 17:02

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You will need to edit mainfile.php in XOOPS rootdirectory to adapt it to the new domain name and/or path if that changes.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

dream77
Re: please help changing my domain name
  • 2006/11/22 10:22

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

thank you for your quick answer Bender. Just a few more questions.

1. What shall I change in the mainfile.php? And what shall I write when making the changes?

2. Is that the onley thing I need to change, there is nothing else I need to edit?

ps: I will keep that in mind in the future.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits