but for simple machine forum (smf)
or does it already exist?

davidl2
Re: a Conjecture for others forums?
  • 2006/11/22 11:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

No, but perhaps Mith may be interested in this as a paid project?

Mithrandir

For the SMF standalone? Or with a bridge (I believe it has come out, right?)

Send me the code at jkp attie cusix.dk and I'll take a look at it sometime.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

asdolo
  • 2006/11/22 16:16

• asdolo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/21

I would like to do something like that

http://www.lama.netsons.org/Image.JPG

could i do that with a conjecture that works with smf?

here is the smf-xoops bridge
http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?bridges

Lance_
  • 2006/11/22 17:53

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Would be mucho appreciated if you can do something with it Mith.

The bridge works very well, so far as I have tested. I would like to use SMF on one of the sites I am building and I can't wait for the core not to have anything in it that can be made modular. Grouping comments and forum is a tremendous useful step.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Mithrandir

I will need some help on this.

I have abstracted it out, so that it should be relatively easy to add support for other forums, but someone with more intimate knowledge of SMF will need to help me with this.

I'll have to have self-contained, all-emcompassing code for:

1) Given a topic ID, return an array of posts in that topic
2) Given a forum ID, a topic ID and a parent comment ID, return a form for adding a comment
3) Posting a new comment, following submissal of the form
4) Getting a hierarchical array of all forums, for matching forums with modules
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Mithrandir

No interest?

Cusix Software

banned
  • 2006/11/26 21:26

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Hi,
First of, I'm very pleased of this project (we can call it a project, Mith?), I think that a project like this can bring more peoples to XOOPS - one of the most common question about forums is 'how do I integrate this within my website?'.
Do you plan to add support for more forums with your Conjecture (vBulletin, Invision Power Board.. Maybe I can make a nice list for you, if you want)?
Second: are you using $xoopsuser for things like permissions, usernames or what - for cbb or other forums bridged to XOOPS you can do it, but what if one is using a separate forum software that not share (or bridge) the userbase with XOOPS - and maybe don't need to give submits capability to users?

And about your questions (I'm not sure at all, I don't use SMF and months are passed since I've looked at it - and smf website is down, right now):
1) Give a look to ssi.php, I think there is something like this under a 'news' function, methink;
2, 3) Take a look to /sources/post.php
4) not sure at all, the main function is dislpay(), if I don't remember all wrong.. but I really don't remember where is located (maybe sources/display.php?)

banned,

Lance_
  • 2006/11/27 0:56

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Sorry Mith, never saw your reply on this. I will post this for Orstio in the SMF forum, he might be inclined to give the info required.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Orstio
  • 2006/11/27 1:50

• Orstio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/18

Thanks for the heads-up, Lance_. :)

Hi Mith, I replied to Lance_'s post at SMF:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=63183.msg827706#msg827706

Hopefully my reply is of some help:

Quote:
Great news.

#1: This assumes the variable $resultid contains the given topic ID. It will return the array of posts into $posts.

$post_query=mysql_query("SELECT ID_MEMBER, posterName, subject, body, FROM_UNIXTIME(posterTime, '".$discuss_date_format."') AS msgTime FROM {$db_prefix}messages WHERE ID_TOPIC = '$resultid';");
$posts mysql_fetch_assoc($post_query);

#2: This assumes we've queried to get the board ID ($board_id), the topic ID ($resultid, same as in #1), the number of replies to the topic ($replies), and that a valid SMF session exists (will populate $GLOBALS['sc']). $title and $article_id should be taken from the XOOPS article.

<table><tr><td valign="top">
                         <
form id='.$article_id.' action="'. XOOPS_URL . '/modules/smf/index.php?action=post2"').' method="post" name="postmodify" onsubmit="submitonce(this);">
                         <
input type="hidden" name="topic" value="' . $resultid . '" />
                         <
input type="hidden" name="board" value="'.$boardid.'" />
                         <
input type="hidden" name="subject" value="' . $title . '" />
                         <
input type="hidden" name="icon" value="xx" />
                         <
input type="hidden" name="goback" value="true" />
                         <
input type="hidden" name="num_replies" value="'. $replies. '" />
                         <
textarea cols="75" rows="8" class="inputbox" wrap="VIRTUAL" style="width: 75%" name="message" tabindex="1"></textarea><br />
                         <
input type="submit" name="post" value="Reply" class="button" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="2" />
                         <
input type="hidden" name="sc" value="' . $GLOBALS['sc'] . '" /></form></td></tr></table>

#3: The form above will take care of it all automatically if done right.

#4: I'm not sure what exactly is required here. Perhaps just query the smf_boards table?

This is exactly the same thing that is done with the discussbot in Mambo and Joomla:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=118310.0

The invention of the discussbot, and its subsequent upgrades and forks were a big part of the popularity of the Mambo/Joomla bridge. This is very good to see for Xoops. 8)

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits