Maadman
Xoops errors, main one is 400 Bad Request
  • 2006/11/19 10:00

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Hi, I've been running XOOPS on my websitehttp://www.wemustignitethiscouch.com for about 10 months now and have ran into some problems recently.

The main problem my users and myself are having is getting this error.

-----

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

-----

This happens when people do anything from click on the link to go to the homepage, message board stuff, photo stuff... It does not seem to be any certain module.

There are two other errors that I notice from time to time. They are

-----
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

More information about this error may be found athttp://support.netfirms.com/idx.php/0/002
-----

and

-----
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.
-----

If you can help me with any of these it would be of great help. I have searched the forums for hours to resolve this but cannot seem to find what I need to get these errors to stop.

I am currently running XOOPS 2.0.16 and my hosting provider uses PHP 4 but I can change it to use PHP 5. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing these errors? Do you think switching from PHP 4 to PHP 5 would correct the problem?

I can list more information if needed just let me know and thanks for the help in advance.

Will_H
Re: Xoops errors, main one is 400 Bad Request
  • 2006/11/20 3:06

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

The first two have nothing to do with XOOPS.

They are server side, and sound like you have a sql cap. Which means your host only allows you x amount of simultaneous sql queries. I could be wrong, just the way it sounds.

The Third is most likely a XOOPS issue, however that screen is the most vague error notification out of any CMS I have ever used. It could honestly be anything.

Maadman
  • 2006/11/21 0:02

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

So there is nothing I can do then? Should I switch my web settings to use php 5 instead of php 4?

jensclas

I'd be making noises with the host - I was getting your third one and complianed regularly and often. It suddenly stopped - right when I was about to change host because their service wasn't working. Not only could I not get into my site - i couldn;t get into the control panel or their site...so that was the clue it was their problem not mine. Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits