smccarthy945
Trouble Installing Any Module

I have been trying to install modules on my new XOOPS install and I place the module in the modules directory (IE. NEWS, FORUM, ETC). I get the following error when the module is placed in the modules directory:

Module File for news Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

The install is on Windows 2003 and IIS and XOOPS is working and I can get to the main page and login as Admin. I just cant install any modules.

Please help!

jensclas
Re: Trouble Installing Any Module

Quote:
Module File for news Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

This has been asked and answered many times and is in the FAQ section. Chances are there are missing files in your upload. Some ftp programs are unreliable.

Check this faq

And in the future:
New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

Have fun

smccarthy945

Thanks for the information. I have read the documentation and installed and run XOOPS years ago. The problem is I have tried downloading from the module repository News, Bulletin Boards, etc.

I download them directly to the server and copy them directly into the directory. I am not using FTP or any other method so file corruption is not an issue. I just dont understand what I am doing wrong here. I have installed XOOPS modules years ago and its cake.

JCDunnart
  • 2006/11/19 6:39

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

The path to the module after unpacking it and moving it to the site folder is definitely correct? i.e. /modules/news/xoops_version.php ?

jdseymour

Quote:

smccarthy945 wrote:
Thanks for the information. I have read the documentation and installed and run XOOPS years ago. The problem is I have tried downloading from the module repository News, Bulletin Boards, etc.

I download them directly to the server and copy them directly into the directory. I am not using FTP or any other method so file corruption is not an issue. I just dont understand what I am doing wrong here. I have installed XOOPS modules years ago and its cake.

If you are unzipping directly on the server, it is possible that an extra folder (with the name of the archive) is created, so the path would be incorrect.

See the Module Unzip Flash Tutorial for more.

smccarthy945

Thanks for the information. It turns out you cant unzip with a program called "WINRAR" by RARLABS. I used the built in UNZIP in Windows and it worked. Thanks for the help!

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits