jeffgr
Xoops, outside of Xoops... how?
  • 2006/11/18 13:52

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

How can I create a web site, using the back-end functionality of Xoops, but escaping the use of a site wide theme? What I want to do is create, say, a single web page that covers news from a certain area. I want to have complete control over where all the elements of the page appear...including both blocks and modules that are displayed on this page. I know that I can fool around with the theme and template files in order to do this, but then the other pages of the site would also have the same general appearance....(as controlled by the site-wide theme) how do I customize the appearance of the blocks and modules on every page? Can I create a new php page, and then insert code at certain places to say, put one particular block of a certain module in one place, and then, on another page, do the same thing, but in a different area of the page?

I have fooled around with Boox, but that doesn't seem to do what I want to do...or can it? Can I use Boox to call very particular blocks or modules, on a page per page basis?

Your thoughts /comments are appreciated!

Cheers,

Jeff

http://www.myottawa.ca

davidl2
Re: Xoops, outside of Xoops... how?
  • 2006/11/18 14:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

One of the best examples of doing something like this I've seen is your own site: http://www.Advermap.com

Do you mean something like this, but also including blocks etc?

jeffgr
Re: Xoops, outside of Xoops... how?
  • 2006/11/18 14:21

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Well, with the advermap.com site, all I really did was create a regular web site with frames (top frame, side menu frame, and main content frame, all in one frameset) and then create hotspot links to the XOOPS content "underneath".

Imagine a new php page, where the page is actually composed of many boxes of